“You can do worse for the money”

Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria
Ranked #38 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Indianapolis
“You can do worse for the money”
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Have stayed here for the past 4 weeks on business. Paid $105/night. I have yet to see any roaches as the previous reviewer mentioned. The AC unit is loud but at least it works. Rooms are clean and nicely appointed, beds are nice, shower is good. Service in the restaurant is SLOW and a little pricey, but the food is decent - I usually venture out. Some decent restaurants nearby. Gym is really small. Staff is friendly, but pushes the restaurant, which is annoying. A little hard to find from the street - had to circle twice. In this area of Houston, this is a decent, economical choice.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank hreamer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Long Beach CA
Reviewed October 23, 2009

I recently decided to try this hotel in downton Houston becuase of the bright and cherry decor and reviews on the Intranet. After a difficult time finding this hotel, which does not have direct street access except by alley way I checked in. On the surface the hotel is cute, but cheap construstion made it one of the worst nights sleep I've ever had. The airconditioner in my room was so loud I when I first walked into the room you couldn't hear the music on the CD they push to all customers. The toilet ran and rain pelted the windows. Not the fault of the hotel about the rain but the windows are not thick and you can also hear the TV from the room next door. About 11:30 pm I couldn't sleep so I flipped on the lights only to find a 1 1/2 inch cockroach gasping for it's last breath on my floor. I called the front desk who came up right away and removed the dead room guest and checked under the bed, cabinets sink. They also tried to explain that it due to the rain they come out ( I was on the third floor) and that their poison systems must be good becuase he was already dying..... I kept the lights on the rest of the night. The following morning no manager call, no acomodation for the roach, nothing. Perhaps I should have been more insistant but my protest is with this review and with my wallet. I won't be back.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Lardgal
Texas
Reviewed October 12, 2009

We stayed at the Indigo this past weekend so we could see the Terra Cotta Warriors exhibit . We felt like this hotel offered a good value at $79 a night in a area of Houston where many hotels are at LEAST $150. We loved the restful color scheme of blues and greens - our room had a sort of beach cottage feel. Our room had a mini fridge, a fabulous bed, good lighting, plenty of extra plugs to recharge our phones, and great water pressure in the shower. The toiletries were by Aveeda(!!). We had a nice breakfast in the hotel one of the mornings and a beer in the bar one evening - good selections in both . The front desk clerks were very helpful and friendly. The Galleria mall is right next door and there are plenty of restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
miami,fl
Reviewed October 8, 2009

LOVED LOVED LOVED everything about it. My favorite part was the wood floors beign that I hate to walk on rugs that have been repeatdly used at hotels and often not cleaned.

The bedding was cript wipe. Had everything I needed. Even had a small sink, small fridge and counter .

The bathroom was great as well. Loved the large shower with no shower curtain, just glass.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 20, 2009

We were stoked when we received a fantastic deal at this hotel through our electric company's reward program. This hotel is literally next door to Nordstroms at the Galleria, and just a couple of blocks down towards the beautiful tall fountains at Williams Towers. My husband was a bit thrown off with Indigo; it was designed with a contemporary tropical theme and has a seashell for its symbol, but there was no pool for him to enjoy. I didnt care and just went shopping.
While we didn't experience any uncomfortable temperatures in the shower like the other reviewers, we were robbed of a good night sleep because of the air conditioning unit in our room. The unit would crank on. Once we fall asleep to the noise, it cuts off......then blast back on while waking us up. It was a beating.
I've only seen one other review on this page that had complained about thier A/C, so perhaps we were just unlucky with that one room. I would love to visit Indigo again next time I visit Houston. I will be sure that we wont get stuck with an obnoxious A/C.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debutante24
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 19, 2009

I too usually stay at the Intercontinental, but I got sick of their increasing their parking rates, so I thought I'd see what Indigo was like. I loved the location and the free parking. The clerk was really nice and right away this place felt different-in a good way. The big hallways, and big white doors along with the blue and greens really looks like someone's home. The rooms reminded me of staying in a nice guestroom too, the bed was fantastic, high with a pretty blue comforter and good sheets. Nice TV too. The furniture in the room is real wood and nice and substantial. I had a big bright window with no view to speak of, but I got lots of natural light. The room was nice and quiet and I felt really comfortable. I had a nice wet bar kitchen area, and I liked the bathroom. They have Aveda products in the rooms which I love. Now-there does seem to be some inconsistency from room to room because I had no fridge. I had room darkening shades, and the water in the shower NEVER got hot, or even barely warm. The little metal cover thingee on the shower that should attach to the wall, did not. I had real glass glasses, and real ceramic mugs, a nice coffee maker and a cool ice bucket and a breakfast tray. so lots of good, and the things that were less than adequate did not bother me. If I stayed again (which I will), I'd ask for the things that are lacking. Staff was really nice and I'm sure would accommodate. I also had breakfast in the restaurant and they were out of spinach (?) but they gave me seconds on my smoothie for free. And the omelet I had was great and real and good.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
South Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2009

Stayed here one night on a long drive back home after vacation. The location can't be beat--literally next door to the Galleria Mall. The blue theme throughout the hotel was pretty, as were the wood floors. There is no pool, but there is an adequate workout room. There were two computers with free internet access for guests. The front desk staff was polite.

I booked a "two-room suite" for two adults and two teenagers. While the room was immaculate and comfortable (especially the bed), I was a little disappointed in the extremely small size of the room-- 350 sq. feet. at most. Also, the one bathroom was accessible only from the bedroom. There was a small kitchenette with a fridge, but there was absolutely no kitchenware, not even a corkscrew or a spoon.

Overall, it was an OK stay for one night, but find something more spacious if you are staying any longer with more than one person.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family