All reviewsaveda toiletrieshardwood floorswalk in showerwithin walking distancemini fridgelarge bathroomlocation is greatbusiness tripair conditionercoffee makerbed was very comfortablefront desk staffthe entire hotelfree breakfastnordstromhidalgosink
Reviewed July 2, 2009

This hotel is beautiful and also relatively inexpensive for such a nice place. Staff was polite and friendly. Lobby is decorated with really neat 2-person cushioned adirondack chairs, wood floors, and indigo walls, which felt relaxing and was also a nice change from usual hotel lobbies. We had 2 rooms, a King room and a room with 2 double beds. The rooms themselves are also very pretty with the same wood floors and indigo beach decor as rest of the hotel. They felt slightly cramped though big enough for a 1-night stay. Bathroom was roomy and comfortable. Shower stall is extra long with removable spray head and also has a wood bench for towels, shaving, etc.
CONS---
1. Our door didn't sit properly on its hinges and was hard to deadbolt. Also, we could see light streaming in from around one edge where door was slightly ajar.
2. No blackout curtains. Windows are covered with wood blinds only so room gets bright fairly early in the morning. Unfortunately, our wood blinds were messed up a bit so we got more light than was necessary.
3. A/C units are kind of loud. I got used to the noise, but that only made it especially jarring whenever the unit cycled off.

Cons aside, we enjoyed our stay in this hotel and might return there again if we need to be in the Galleria area. I recommend it but be sure to pack your eye covers!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2009

We stayed in one of their suites and it was perfect for a bachelorette party. Close to everything - galleria (shopping), midtown, rice village (night life). The colors were really fun and fresh, not overwhelming or tacky.

Liked the shower, although no curtain (not designed to have one), loved the counter space in the "kitchen" area (mini fridge & sink) and adorable/fun ice bucket, you just wanted to take it home.

Liked that there were two AC thermostats, but didn't like that the bedroom AC didn't ever kick on. The bedroom was uncomfortable for sleeping, but the outer room was perfect.

We asked for extra shampoo and conditioner (sunday morning) and they were quick to bring it up.

Not too many people I know have heard of it, so all in all, great place, great location and the parking is free.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2009

Very interesting hotel from a design standpoint. Very vibrant colors throughout. Loved the walk in shower. Nice having hardwood floors in room instead of carpet. The bed was so comfy. Free parking was very nice. I will be staying at this hotel again.

Only problem I had was a broken toilet. It took over an hour to fix and I could not get another room because they were booked up. However, they did fix the problem.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 20, 2009

Very nice hotel designed in Metropolitan Home Magazine style. Nice clean rooms and excellent service. Hotel is about 2-3 blocks from the Galleria and (in temperate weather) and an easy safe walk. The location is several blocks away from Westheimer and plenty of food etc places. No pool, but a simple weight room is located downstairs. This was once an Assisted Living facility which means the rooms are large and logically arranged. In room internet is wired, one is provided in the wall socket. The small business area has several internet PCs if you need to check internet etc.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2009

I have only stayed at this hotel for one night- one time. But I am always looking for other Hotel Indigos in other cities I travel to because I loved my experience at this one. I stayed there for a business trip and the hotel was booked for me by the business. I arrived late at night and was greeted with extreme southern hospitality. Like I said, I hardly spent any time at this hotel, but I still think about it! The room was magic, colorful, so comfortable and clean. PERFECT!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business