“Excellent value for a hotel in this area.”

Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria
Ranked #44 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 20, 2009

Very nice hotel designed in Metropolitan Home Magazine style. Nice clean rooms and excellent service. Hotel is about 2-3 blocks from the Galleria and (in temperate weather) and an easy safe walk. The location is several blocks away from Westheimer and plenty of food etc places. No pool, but a simple weight room is located downstairs. This was once an Assisted Living facility which means the rooms are large and logically arranged. In room internet is wired, one is provided in the wall socket. The small business area has several internet PCs if you need to check internet etc.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 15, 2009

I have only stayed at this hotel for one night- one time. But I am always looking for other Hotel Indigos in other cities I travel to because I loved my experience at this one. I stayed there for a business trip and the hotel was booked for me by the business. I arrived late at night and was greeted with extreme southern hospitality. Like I said, I hardly spent any time at this hotel, but I still think about it! The room was magic, colorful, so comfortable and clean. PERFECT!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank stephlute
Reviewed March 31, 2009

We spent 3 nights in Houston at Hotel Indigo. It was booked on Hotwire, so we were not sure which hotel we were going to get. Once we found out, we went on the internet to search this hotel. Not only it looked pretty funky but the reveiws were really good as well from tripadvisor. And.....we absolutely loved it. The rooms were large with and incredibly cozy bed loaded with tons of pillows. We loved the decor, plus all of the toiletries were high quality - Avena. We loved it so much that we chose the same hotel on the way home from our holiday. It was within walking distance from the Galleria by one block, plus down the street you will see a creativly made 6 story waterfall. We were very impressed by everything including a very friendly and helpful staff!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2009

Recently spent one night at Hotel Indigo. Check-in was quick and easy. Staff was about as polite as any other Houston hotel (not the best city for 5-star service but what can you do?). The scented lobby and funky colors were nice.

The room was delightful: 2 Queen beds, hardwood floors, amazingly comfortable mattresses, lots of down pillows and the bathroom was large, well-lit with a good size stand-up glass shower.

The only downsides are: 1) yes, they didn't refurbish the A/C so it is very loud (think Motel 6 loud) and 2) there's no real restaurant in the hotel so room service, etc. was a disappointment.

Other than that, I would recommend this hotel for a few nights stay. And yes, I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2009

Nice and charming rooms. Uniquely decorated. Very contemporary. Safe.

Walking distance to the Galleria for some great shopping. 30 minutes away from the airport.

A minor annoyance was that you had to check-out in person at the front desk. Since I'm always pressed for time, I typically ck-out by calling the front desk from my room with other hotels, but that was not their procedure.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2009

Good location especially for shopping. Very good front of house staff, lovely welcome and they sorted out a shopping problem for me when I came home. You can't ask for more. The bed was terrific! The room layout was very good for ladies who need seats, tables, mirrors and easily accessible electricity all in the same place. Excellent parking facilities. When we were struggling to get a taxi on valentine's night one of the staff actually drove us to the restaurant themselves. They are fabulous

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2009

I stay at this hotel at least once a month because of its close proximity to the Galleria (I love to shop) The staff is always very friendly and check-in/out are always quick & efficient. Free internet (wired) is offered in room and always works great and the free parking makes it convenient to come & go as I please. I've ordered room service here (breakfast only) and the food always arrives on time and fresh & tasty (and they bring it in cute wicker picnic baskets) The only drawback is that the huge stand-in shower doesn't have a door and it can sometimes be a little cold in there since all the heat escapes.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo