Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$90
$82
$100
$93
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $121/night.

$179
$141
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $199/night.

$189
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
$85
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

$101
The Houstonian(Houston)
$239
$200
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $234/night.

All reviewsaveda toiletrieshardwood floorswalk in showerwithin walking distancemini fridgelarge bathroomlocation is greatbusiness tripcoffee makerbed was very comfortablethe entire hotelfree breakfastnordstromhidalgosinkihggaleria
Reviewed July 16, 2008

We stayed there for six nights, for a family graduation, and found it one of the best hotels we've ever been to.
Decor is lovely and fresh, and totally unlike the usual bog-standard chain hotel blandness.

Bed extremely comfortable, lovely bedding.
Bedroom and bathroom both very clean.
Spacious walk-in shower, plenty of hot water, stacks of fluffy towels, plus Aveda toiletries.
Yes, air com is a little noisy, and difficult to get just right - but I have yet to find a hotel bedroom anywhere, where the AC is really to my taste.

Free internet access just off the lobby. (for those of us who leave our laptop at home when we go on holiday!)

Breakfast ( not included) is a good selection of tasty treats, nicely presented.

But.... the biggest plus has to be the staff ! From the friendly welcome to the interest in our son's graduation, we were made to feel very relaxed and at home - such a nice group of people.
We would certainly stay there again, and recommend it highly.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jay99
Reviewed May 20, 2008

Nice mid-scale boutique hotel. Bright colors reminded me of something you'd encounter in the Caribbean. Good service & clean...a pleasant little place.

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed May 18, 2008

The Hotel Indigo was an unknown entity to me prior to a recent one night stay, but I'll definitely be back! I booked the room through the hotel website and joined the "Priority Club" program at the time. William, who checked us in, gave us a warm welcome and snacks upon arrival (as Priority Club members). I appreciated the pleasant greeting. The pros: wonderful room - hardwood (or laminate?) floors; spacious granite-topped bar area; interesting architectural details; fabulous walk-in shower in bathroom; Aveda bath products; very friendly staff; and of course, the location if you're going to the Galleria. The cons: as some others have noted, the aircon is loud, though I really didn't notice it until stepping out of the room; no place to hang towels in the bathroom (though this could be easily fixed since there is plenty of room); the welcome snacks, while appreciated, could be offered in better packaging (blue paper bags, for instance? - it just seemed like a lot of plastic...). Other than that, I wouldn't change anything - I loved it!!

• Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank nomadologista
Reviewed April 20, 2008

I loved this hotel. The check in was prompt and with a smile, and basically this friendly and helpful attitude of the staff was omnipresent. Although I was here for work for just 2 days, from India, from and back on a 22 hour flight, the staff were equally professional as well as friendly to ensure that i got all that was required during the stay.
The room was bright and cheerful, and very unlike a typical "hotel" room. Everything in it was in order, except that the aircon is rather noisy. Also, somehow the bathroom tends to get flooded when you shower (or maybe i shower wrongly?!).
The breakfast and food at the restaurant downstairs is generally good, and the service again very very friendly, prompt and just right!
Bell desk help with my luggage was also very prompt and polite.
Finally, the location is perfect. Quiet as well as just a 2 minute walk to the Galleria via Nordstrom. Perfect for that quick shopping trip, or to hop in and out between trips.
Taxis are promptly called in by the front desk.
Checkout procedure was quick, and a slight discrepancy in my bill was sorted out in a jiffy.
True value for money too.
I will surely stay here again, mainly because of the friendly atmosphere and the "not so hotel-like" feeling!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank sss1970t
Reviewed April 10, 2008

I stayed 2 weeks at the Indigo Galleria during a business trip to Houston, and my overall experience was negative in many ways.

To begin with, as many reviews say, the decoration is colorful and very nice. Everything looks fresh and funny. The frontdesk staff is friendly but not very efficient.

There is a small bar/ restaurant by the lobby. Food is quite good and you have many choices considering the size of the place. Room service is also reasonable. However, it's closed during the afternoon, and after 11pm. So if you work long hours like me and still want to have dinner when you get back, you'll be in trouble.

The rooms are quite small for US standards but size was not really a problem. The same applies to the bathroom; the only drawback is that there's no bathtube.

Beds are really comfortable but air conditioning is very noisy. And the worst issue with the rooms is that there are no blackout courtains and there's light coming from the parking all night long. I found that really annoying and, although I was changed to a different room, the problem didn't disappear completely. Try to get a room facing the Hotel's parking lot and in a high floor.

Homekeeping is not very good either, and the laundry service is quite annoying: you have to take your dirty clothes to the front desk if you want to have them washed.

Internet access is free but the connection is not very good. In my room it was usually OK, but when working in some of the ground floor meeting rooms it was quite hard to send or receive e-mails because the connection got interrupted every few minutes.

Location, however, is great. Although in a weird place behind two other buildings, the Indigo is just a few steps from the Galleria, with lots of shopping and dinning offers.

All in all, it's a nice hotel and if you get a low fare it could be great for hollidays. If you go to Houston for business, go somewhere else. I recommend the Hilton Post Oak, a few blocks away. It's a bit more expensive but it's worth the difference.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank MartinAdrogué
HotelIndigoHouston, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2008

As feedback from our guests is a primary tool for us to deliver the experience desired for those making Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria their home away from home, we have made some changes within the property:

While our café is still only open for breakfast and dinner, we have implemented 24 hour food availability. There are a handful of selections from our menu that can be prepared by any staff member of the hotel, and are available upon request at any time outside of our hours of operation.

The wooden blinds on the windows are a design element that adds to the charm and home feel of our guest room accommodations. Unfortunately, our blinds allow some light to pass around them just as residential blinds would. A window tinting project was completed in July 2008 that has corrected this issue. The tinting is dark enough to eliminate parking lot lights overnight, but light enough to maintain the bright, airy feel of our guest rooms. The added benefit of this project is that it helps battle the Texas heat. The tinting has reduced the sun’s heat within the guest room, and the end result is that the PTAC air conditioning units run less, and much more efficiently within the room.