Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$118
$87
$101
$89
CrownePlaza.com
$100
$93
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $116/night.

$176
$141
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $196/night.

$189
$239
$209
$200
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $234/night.

All reviewsaveda toiletrieshardwood floorswalk in showerwithin walking distancemini fridgelarge bathroomlocation is greatbusiness tripcoffee makerbed was very comfortablethe entire hotelfree breakfastnordstromhidalgosinkihggaleria
Reviewed April 10, 2008

I stayed 2 weeks at the Indigo Galleria during a business trip to Houston, and my overall experience was negative in many ways.

To begin with, as many reviews say, the decoration is colorful and very nice. Everything looks fresh and funny. The frontdesk staff is friendly but not very efficient.

There is a small bar/ restaurant by the lobby. Food is quite good and you have many choices considering the size of the place. Room service is also reasonable. However, it's closed during the afternoon, and after 11pm. So if you work long hours like me and still want to have dinner when you get back, you'll be in trouble.

The rooms are quite small for US standards but size was not really a problem. The same applies to the bathroom; the only drawback is that there's no bathtube.

Beds are really comfortable but air conditioning is very noisy. And the worst issue with the rooms is that there are no blackout courtains and there's light coming from the parking all night long. I found that really annoying and, although I was changed to a different room, the problem didn't disappear completely. Try to get a room facing the Hotel's parking lot and in a high floor.

Homekeeping is not very good either, and the laundry service is quite annoying: you have to take your dirty clothes to the front desk if you want to have them washed.

Internet access is free but the connection is not very good. In my room it was usually OK, but when working in some of the ground floor meeting rooms it was quite hard to send or receive e-mails because the connection got interrupted every few minutes.

Location, however, is great. Although in a weird place behind two other buildings, the Indigo is just a few steps from the Galleria, with lots of shopping and dinning offers.

All in all, it's a nice hotel and if you get a low fare it could be great for hollidays. If you go to Houston for business, go somewhere else. I recommend the Hilton Post Oak, a few blocks away. It's a bit more expensive but it's worth the difference.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank MartinAdrogué
HotelIndigoHouston, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2008

As feedback from our guests is a primary tool for us to deliver the experience desired for those making Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria their home away from home, we have made some changes within the property:

While our café is still only open for breakfast and dinner, we have implemented 24 hour food availability. There are a handful of selections from our menu that can be prepared by any staff member of the hotel, and are available upon request at any time outside of our hours of operation.

The wooden blinds on the windows are a design element that adds to the charm and home feel of our guest room accommodations. Unfortunately, our blinds allow some light to pass around them just as residential blinds would. A window tinting project was completed in July 2008 that has corrected this issue. The tinting is dark enough to eliminate parking lot lights overnight, but light enough to maintain the bright, airy feel of our guest rooms. The added benefit of this project is that it helps battle the Texas heat. The tinting has reduced the sun’s heat within the guest room, and the end result is that the PTAC air conditioning units run less, and much more efficiently within the room.

Reviewed March 31, 2008

Okay, so I thought I would step out of the norm this past weekend on a business trip to my hometown of Houston. With the NCAA tournament, and other various things going on in Houston I checked the rates at some of my normal hotels and they were sky high. I stayed at the Hilton for business then switched over to Hotel Indigo for Saturday and Sunday. I remember when i lived there, and I had heard about it, so I was curious to check out something new. First off, don't expect a Four Seasons type experience. This is a boutique type hotel, very BE ACHY, in pretty blues, seashells, flower murals, bright colors. VERY MIAMI. But new, not kitchy. We walked in around 12 noon on Saturday and were warmly greeted, given a room key, and a snack pack that had trail mix, bottled water, Reece's, and an apple. Thoughtful I thought! It doesn't have a pool, which I didn't like but the rate we got there ($109! a night on a weekend, more than made up for it!) It does have a small bar that seemed to be pretty lively on Sat. night, and the interior I found really refreshing, and fun. Our room was on the 6Th floor, and it was smaller than I expected, but VERY clean, new, and nice. HUGE king bed, nice down pillows, and duvet. No bathtub, but big walk in shower, open filled with my favorite shampoo in the whole world. Aveda Rosemary Mint--BONUS POINTS!!! The biggest bummer was the AC, we could NEVER get it just the right temp, and the unit in the room was a little loud. The location was perfect. You could walk to dining places, or the galleria, and worked out great for us. The staff was EXTREMELY friendly, helpful, and upbeat. WI fi was free and fast, and we had no problems with anything. Nice TV with lots of cable channels, and no noise outside, or on any other floors. All in all a great experience and I would DEF. stay there again!!!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2008

We loved this unique hotel. The blue and green on white seaside design in the lobby is beautiful and relaxing. Our room was mainly indigo with some white. The kids loved the giant blueberries on the wallpaper behind the bed! The bed is higher than we are used to and I was concerned about the kids falling off it in the middle of the night. Turns out, I was the one who fell! Anyway, it has comfortable bedding. The room is somewhat small but full of thoughtful touches. We had breakfast there in the morning (not included) and it was quite good - stuffed french toast and yogurt parfait. The location is within walking distance to the Galleria and parking is free. Costs more than some hotel chains but it is worth it for a refreshing change.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2008

What a beautiful place; from the bright, fresh decor, to the impeccable, friendly service. The rooms are spacious and clean, bedding was plush and very comfy. They were fixing the hot water problem the weekend we were there, but we were made aware of that ahead of time, so it was not an issue. Located in a great shopping area.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Commuter08
Reviewed February 25, 2008

I stay in hotels all the time and this was instantly my all time favorite!! Very comfortable! Loved the hardwood floors in the rooms. It felt so fun! But the best part was the employees. I have never encountered a group of hotels employees that were so sincerely nice! And I mean everyone! And sincerely, not in that phony 5-star way. I still can't believe it! I really want to return!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo