“I like this Hotel”

Ranked #38 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
“I like this Hotel”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I like this hotel a lot. I usually have pretty good luck getting it on priceline for a terrific value which makes me like it even more. The front desk staff has always been very helpful and attentive; I find the decor to be quite refreshing; the beds and bedding are super comfortable; i really like the laminate floors in the rooms (as opposed to the standard: stained carpeting); the rooms are somewhat small but cozy with high ceilings so they don't feel tiny. The reasons I can't give it a 5* rating is, as others have mentioned, the air conditioning unit is right next to the bed and pretty loud. It also seems that the general climate control is a bit touchy. The bathroom is fairly large but the vanity counter is tiny and I would really like a door or curtain on the walk in shower to make it feel less cold. And it literally took about 3 minutes to get the water in the shower hot through the low-flow (but good pressure) shower head. Also pretty slow hot water in the sink. We were on the 3rd floor and I don't know it that made a difference. But overall a very nice property.

Room Tip: The hot water may come faster on some floors than others. It was very slow on the 3rd.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Imakasly, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you for your comments and feedback within your survey. I do apologize for the noisy a/c unit within your room, as well as the delay of heated water. I noticed this past stay of yours, the hotel was experiencing a slight hot water issue that was eventually resolved. I will share your feedback with our staff members. Again, thank you for such positive feedback. S.Bowden GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for three nights and it was great! Had the executive suite and was plenty of space! Best bet for price and location! Near the galleria and all of the major interstates!

Pros:
Comfortable bed!
Safe Locafition
Close to the Galleria( 2 min walk)
Super helpful and friendly staff
Bar is superb

Cons: (small not important ones)
No free a breakfast (but resteraunt is still amazing!)
Small Pillows

This a must stay in Houston! I will definitely stay here again! As a priority club member, was treated wonderful and everyone was so extremely helpful!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Imakasly, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments within your survey. I really appreciate you taking the time to express your pros and cons of the hotel.We will work on those small pillows! GM S.Bowden
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I booked this hotel via Priceline and was pleasantly surprised by the place, especially after seeing a few negative reviews on tripadvisor. The staff was friendly and the room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. It is situated right next to the Galleria, so shopping and dining is all within walking distance. I would definitely book this hotel if I was traveling to Houston again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Imakasly, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to stay with us based upon some of our reviews listed on Trip Advisor. Based upon your positive feedback, I am honored that you were able to find your stay with the hotel and the staff enjoyable. I will share your comments with our Associates. Thank you again, GM. S.Bowden
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Booked Indigo at the Galleria for two night on a short Transatlantic trip as my preferred hotels in the area were all fully booked. I experienced friendly service, a comfortable bed and a big size room with a separate bed room and a nice bath room. The location is good with lots of good restaurants close by and with a short walk to the Galleria. Free and decent speed WiFi. I had a rental car and there is an outside, but well lit parking area. For me the breakfast was a disappointment. When on a business trip I would like a good and well organized breakfast as the start of the day. Indigo Houston's selection didn't fit my requirements and taste. Not like it was bad, but more the selection.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Imakasly, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Greetings and thank you for your feedback within your comments on Trip Advisor. I personally want to thank you for choosing us as a second option as your preferred hotel was booked! My apologies on the F&B selections. We will work towards a better selection. Thank you again. GM S.Bowden
NW Arkansas
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Came to Houston to visit our son and his wife for the week-end and wanted to stay near the Galleria. Found The Hotel Indigo on line. We'd heard of this chain, the price was right, it sounded nice so we decided to give it a try. It met our expectations in every way. Location couldn't have been better, near their apartment and within walking distance of the Galleria. Cool decor, bright and colorful with a cheerful, nautical feel. Nice change from bland beiges and neutral tones. Rooms weren't large but were big enough and very clean. Beds were extremely comfortable. Bathroom clean. Showers were huge but a bit odd, designed with no shower doors. Great water pressure though. Never heard our neighbors when in our room but as soon as we stepped into the hall we could hear people yelling at each other in their room or a baby crying.

There was a small restaurant but the only time we used it was once for to go coffee and some breakfast bread to take to our room. We had little contact with the staff as we simply weren't there much but what we had was pleasant and efficient. It was fresh and attractive on the outside of the hotel with a very pretty entrance and it felt safe.

If we had any complaint it related to the room temp which we could never get very cool. It was livable but a little cooler would have been better and the temp in the hall outside the room was plain old hot. jAll in all we would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Imakasly, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Greeting! I wanted to take the time to Thank You for your comments within your Trip Advisor report. My apologies for the a/c issue you had experienced, along with the noise level within the hallway from the baby. For sure, I will share your feedback with our staff members! SB
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I like Hampton Inns, so this isn't really meant to be a criticism, more of an observation. The room was clean, plenty large enough, with a big bathroom. Bed was comfortable, lobby was quirky but nice. The Euro bar/restaurant was plenty functional. The location is fine, a little off the main road and relatively quiet for the area.

No flat screen TV, which isn't a big deal, but is emblematic of the updating. Sony CD player alarm, no ipod dock. In room A/C unit that is very loud (I like the white noise, but some might hate it). It had the feel of a hotel that had received face lifts, but was essentially stuck in 1998. Just fine, but not great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback within your Trip Advisor report. You have my word that I will work on those flat screen tv units. Thanks again for your comments. SB
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Indigo is a good value hotel right next door to the Galleria. We had a bright and modern room with a large bathroom. The only criticisim I would make is that the room lacked proper curtains and, although, there was a blind, it was impossible to make the room properly dark. Service was prompt and friendly throughout our stay. In particular, check-in was very quick. Would recommend this hotel if you can get a rate of around $120 per night or less.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings! Thank you for your feedback within your Trip Advisor report. I do apologized for the in-room curtain issue you had experienced. I will share your feedback with our staff members. Again, thank you! SB.