Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$89
$82
$99
$93
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $121/night.

$181
$141
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $196/night.

$189
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
$85
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

$89
$239
Preferred Hotels
$200
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $234/night.

All reviewsaveda toiletrieshardwood floorswalk in showerwithin walking distancemini fridgelarge bathroomlocation is greatbusiness tripcoffee makerbed was very comfortablethe entire hotelfree breakfastnordstromhidalgosinkihggaleria
Reviewed March 14, 2008

What a beautiful place; from the bright, fresh decor, to the impeccable, friendly service. The rooms are spacious and clean, bedding was plush and very comfy. They were fixing the hot water problem the weekend we were there, but we were made aware of that ahead of time, so it was not an issue. Located in a great shopping area.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Commuter08
Reviewed February 25, 2008

I stay in hotels all the time and this was instantly my all time favorite!! Very comfortable! Loved the hardwood floors in the rooms. It felt so fun! But the best part was the employees. I have never encountered a group of hotels employees that were so sincerely nice! And I mean everyone! And sincerely, not in that phony 5-star way. I still can't believe it! I really want to return!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed January 21, 2008

My wife and I had a pleasant stay at the Hotel Indigo last summer. This weekend, we decided to make a spur-of-the-moment trip to Houston, and I decided to celebrate by splurging on a corner suite. The rooms were clean, spacious, and well appointed, albeit oddly laid out. Room service was prompt and friendly, but the food arrived in plastic take-out containers with only one set of silverware. We're reasonably flexible people, so we managed to share a fork.

The real problem, however, is the lack of hot water in the showers. At around 10:00 p.m., my wife decided to take a shower. She ran the water for five minutes, but it was still cold to the touch. When I called the front desk, they explained that the boiler room was far away, and recommended that we run the water for at least ten minutes. Finally, after another ten minutes, we managed to get hot water. We encountered the same problem again in the morning, but the water never really heated up beyond the point of being lukewarm.

It strikes me as ironic -- and more than a little sad -- that a hotel that positions itself as an environmentally friendly boutique (complete with Aveda shampoo) would instruct customers to waste ten or fifteen minutes of water just to get a luke-warm shower.

We were also disappointed by the reaction of the hotel staff. The front desk clerk implied that I was being unreasonable because, after all "the boiler is on a different floor and it takes a while for the water to reach your room." After I politely persisted with my complaints, the clerk called back and said that the manager would take $50 off the cost of our $260 suite. As my wife noted, we've paid more to stay in worse rooms, so I stopped complaining.

Travelers beware: this hotel has serious problems with hot water. Other reviews on Trip Advisor make the same observation. It's a beautiful and convenient hotel, but stay away if you like hot showers.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carbonel
HotelIndigoHouston, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2008

As this traveler review notes, as well as others, the Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria had encountered hot water issues within the property. When the building was constructed in the early 1990’s, it’s original use was that of an assisted living facility. The water system was designed to remain somewhat lukewarm for the safety of the residents. This was not discovered until after the building was renovated and opened as Hotel Indigo in the summer of 2006. Numerous engineers were consulted and a number of mechanical companies “repaired” the problem. After each “repair” project, it seemed as though the problems were corrected, and our staff confidently replied to inquiries in that manner – but then a section of the building had the problem re-occur.

The final “repair” was made in March of 2008 – and I deliberately waited until now (August 2008) to be able to publicly say, without exception, that the hot water system within the hotel has been corrected to not only meet, but exceed the expectations of our guests.

Reviewed December 14, 2007

What a fun hotel! Great location right next to the Galleria, we were able to walk to do our Chirstmas shopping.

The hotel is very colorful with lots of blues and greens. Certainly not your normal hotel. Great little bar where we were able to get a glass of wine and relax after shopping.

The staff was very friendly and helped us find a great steakhouse nearby.

They told us it was part of Holiday Inn, so we got our priority club points too! We will stay here anytime we go back to Houston.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2007

This hotel was very nice. I wasn't sure if my husband would like all of the bright colored walls and different type decor in the room, but he thought it was great. The staff at the hotel were very friendly. The gave us snacks upon check in, which consisted of a candy bar, an apple, trail mix and bottled water. The staff also help us with directions to many places around the downtown area. Our room was clean and pleasant. Loved the nice tranquil music that was being played when we entered the room. The beds were high off the ground and very comfortable. The only regret I have is that I forgot my pillow at home. Their pillow was ok, but it wasn't like the one I have at home. The windows did show a lot of light, but there were blackout shades to help if you needed it to be darker. The air conditioner was a bit loud when it turned on. It did wake me up in the middle of the night. Not sure if this is in all of the rooms or just the one I stayed in. The bathroom was very nice and large. I loved the shower. The cable tv could have been a bit better. The guide to the tv, did not work, so you didn't know what you were watching on tv. Also, you couldn't buy a movie, because that feature did work either.They also do not have a free breakfast, but we were able to drive a little way down the road to grab us a bite that morning. The hotel is within walking distance to the Galleria. The staff at the hotel gave us a map to the Galleria and told us the best way to get there by foot. Overall I really did like this hotel. My husband and I would stay here again.
DeeAnna