All reviews aveda toiletries galleria mall hardwood floors walk in shower mini fridge walking distance large bathroom location is great air conditioner coffee maker business trip bed was very comfortable front desk staff nordstrom hidalgo ihg sink
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This place is wonderful!!! The staff is courteous and really at the top of their game. The hotel itself is beautifully designed. It looks like it belongs on a beach in the Caribbean, not in the middle of Houston. The rooms do not have that "hotel look", and really feel like you are in someones guest room. The bed was more comfortable than most hotel beds I've encountered, and the linens were better than average quality. In fact nothing about this hotel says "hotel", which I love! The hallways are HUGE and very airy and bright. We will definatly be staying here during our next trip!

Room tip: Don't face east unless you are an early riser.
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Stayed here recently for three nights. Rooms are well kept and clean with nice sized bathrooms. Like the large walk in showers with no doors.Provides Aveeno toiletries. Beds are clean and comfortable. Has the nice convenience of a small frige. Hallways are very nice and wide. Offers free parking which is not that common for hotels in the Galleria area. Right next to the Galleria which one accesses by way of the Nordstrom entrance on Hidalgo street.
Would have liked them to offer breakfast as a standard feature for the guests, like some other major hotel chains.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stopped by at 1:30 pm and were able to go ahead and check in to our room which was a plus. Front desk was friendly and helpful with his service. This was our first time visiting this hotel and we were impressed with the bright colors and decor in the lobby.

Pros: Decor very nice and bright, felt like being at the beach. Bed was very comfortable and I slept great. Price was very reasonable for this hotel. They have no mandatory parking fees like so many of the other hotels in the area. Location is great too. About 3 minute walk to Nordstroms and the Galleria.

Cons: Rooms are pretty tiny compared to other hotels. No counter space in bathroom, vanity was very tiny. No real amenities in this hotel, pool, spa etc. Pillows are tiny for some reason. They are half pillows which is weird considering we were on a king size bed. Instead of 2 king pillows, there were 4 baby pillows.

I would stay here again if in the area. I think next time we may try another hotel for comparison. Nice hotel though for the money and great location.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

I have to start off by saying this hotel would have gotten 5 stars with me, if only there hadn't been a pile of crumbs between the comforter and the sheets when we flipped the covers back. But, let's put that aside and assume it was a fluke, because everything else about this hotel is A+++. The hotel is pleasantly unusual. The Indigo brand strives to have all Indigo hotels with different themes. This one is a cool blue nantucket and modern theme...at least that is my interpretation. Large rooms with entryways. The floors are wood in the entry to the rooms. The bathrooms have walk-in showers that are clear glass and tile and very big. The bath products are upscale and smell amazing! There are appropriately placed towel hooks and nice towels.
The wall behind my bed was an interesting wallpaper painting of a giant sweater weave. Everything is of course, "blue". The bed was comfy with slightly above average linens. There was a nice TV, a nice big amoire with a robe, another closet for suitcases, a bar area with a mini fridge and microwave. The foyer outside the rooms and the halls are oversized! Yay! And you can't hear your neighbors. The bar downstairs looked cool, but I didn't visit the bar or eat at the hotel. The staff at the front desk are very courteous. The parking is FREE. I will stay here again, just for the fun of it. Plus, you can walk to Nordstroms and all of the Galleria, easily.

Room tip: Ask not to be facing the back of a parking garage.
Date of stay: May 2012
Reviewed May 19, 2012

The hotel room was clean. The bed was comfortable, I had everything I needed. The restaurant wasn't great and it has very awkward floor plan - not exactly inviting. However you are so close to so many other restaurants that I just went elsewhere.
Overall I would stay again.

Room tip: Try not to get a room facing the Galleria. There were loud trucks at wee hours of the morning.
Date of stay: May 2012