“Very cool with unexpected little luxuries”

Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria
Ranked #45 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I have to start off by saying this hotel would have gotten 5 stars with me, if only there hadn't been a pile of crumbs between the comforter and the sheets when we flipped the covers back. But, let's put that aside and assume it was a fluke, because everything else about this hotel is A+++. The hotel is pleasantly unusual. The Indigo brand strives to have all Indigo hotels with different themes. This one is a cool blue nantucket and modern theme...at least that is my interpretation. Large rooms with entryways. The floors are wood in the entry to the rooms. The bathrooms have walk-in showers that are clear glass and tile and very big. The bath products are upscale and smell amazing! There are appropriately placed towel hooks and nice towels.
The wall behind my bed was an interesting wallpaper painting of a giant sweater weave. Everything is of course, "blue". The bed was comfy with slightly above average linens. There was a nice TV, a nice big amoire with a robe, another closet for suitcases, a bar area with a mini fridge and microwave. The foyer outside the rooms and the halls are oversized! Yay! And you can't hear your neighbors. The bar downstairs looked cool, but I didn't visit the bar or eat at the hotel. The staff at the front desk are very courteous. The parking is FREE. I will stay here again, just for the fun of it. Plus, you can walk to Nordstroms and all of the Galleria, easily.

Room Tip: Ask not to be facing the back of a parking garage.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 19, 2012

The hotel room was clean. The bed was comfortable, I had everything I needed. The restaurant wasn't great and it has very awkward floor plan - not exactly inviting. However you are so close to so many other restaurants that I just went elsewhere.
Overall I would stay again.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room facing the Galleria. There were loud trucks at wee hours of the morning.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I love this hotel, just came back from there. My room was great, on the top floor (it is just the 6th floor). Right beside the Galleria, near restaurants, bars... Great location, you can even walk around, which is a big luxury in Houston..

The room was very clean and staff was very nice to me. Stayed for two days, loved even the little bottles of shampoo they give. Also, reliable internet connection.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Just returned from meetings in Houston where I stayed at Hotel Indigo. Beautiful water theme thoughout the hotel. Seashell knobs, lights, carved detail in the wooden furniture. Blue and white with flowers, sea animals, and other themes in wall paper. Bed very comfortable, high, with great bedding. Lovely furniture with lots of storage. Hallway with granite top, refrigerator in cupboard, sink with water, and room for a microwave, if requested. Large bathroom with wonderful shower. Large desk for working as well. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I decided to surprise my husband with a trip to Houston, and I chose to stay at this hotel. It appeared to be very nice, and it was the only hotel around The Galleria that had free parking. I must say that it was a great choice! The building itself had a great appearance, and the lobby area was very clean and welcoming. Check in was at 3, but we arrived 1 and they had no problem letting us check in early. The halls were nice, bright, spacious, and clean. The room was very nice. I loved the wetbar area, and the shower was VERY spacious! The bed.....oh the bed!! It was SO comfortable! We slept very well! We did not utilize the amenities such as the restaurant./bar area. The WiFi kind of sucked. We were using it on our phones, and we had to sign in repeatedly. The business center was nice. The gym was small and could use more hand weights. The area around the hotel was very nice. We had no safety concerns. The entrance to Nordstrom at The Galleria is less than a 5 minute walk from the hotel which was a perk!

Overall, the hotel was great. There were some very minor cons, but they were not a deal breaker. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I had a great stay at the Indigo. The rooms in the hotel are nicer than the standard business hotel fare. The bed was very comfortable and the room was surprisingly quiet - I slept better on this trip than I have done in a long time at a hotel while on a business trip. The bedroom and bathroom were both spotlessly clean.

The restaurant and bar are both good - the staff are friendly and the food is good quality. The location is excellent - only a 2 minute walk into the Galleria.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

When you travel all the time you get used to nice accomodations (and some not so nice) and just generally don't want a lot of surprises. So when I spent a night this week in Houston at Hotel Indigo I was surprised...but pleasantly.

Hotel Indigo had all the amenities that I use when traveling - a comfortable bed with great pillows, easy to work with lighting so I could read in bed, a small desk area with internet connection, a closet with a nice robe if I went wild, and a basic phone system to connect me with the hotel as needed.

The surprise was the design. We've all visited hotel rooms that were so beige and I felt myself being drawn into the room with curiousity when I opened the door to shades of blue and green (and I liked it.) I immediately noticed that the floor wasn't carpeted... it was Pergo and immaculate. Walking into the main room the bed took up most of the space but there was seating, a place for your suitcase, an armoire for the TV & closet, and a workable desk (not a lot of space) for your computer with hookup if needed. The walk-in shower was partially enclosed in glass but open to the rest of the bath (made for a great, pulsing shower as I rushed to get ready the next day.)

My only complaint? The comfortable bed took up a lot of space so you sort of feel you need to go to bed....which I did. If you wanted to do some exercises in your room you'd have trouble. But to just come in from a long-day in airports. Nice.

Oh, I had breakfast and a very acceptable tomato/spinach omelette was prepared for me just quickly enough. I like this place and would go back.