“Misleading advertisement”

Ranked #40 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Misleading advertisement”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

My husband had a business trip scheduled in Houston, so we decided the kids and I would tag along and enjoy some time away in a fun hotel. the Indigo appeared to be just the place.Be wary of the misleading website. There was trouble with our initial reservation. We added on a day, so we were understanding of the miscommunication. So we ended up throwing our kids on the floor to sleep one night and moved to our reserved suite the next morning. One of the reasons we booked this hotel, was the "kitchenette" as they listed on their site - they don't have anything more than a wet bar with a very, very small refrigerator. The televisions are outdated and small. The amount of storage for clothing in the bedroom (in a suite that is to hold 6 people) is one small wardrobe. This doesn't work so well for a week long trip. My biggest complaint is the bathroom. Seriously? This is a assisted-living center converted into a hotel... and they did the cheapest renovation possible. The shower was nothing more than a handicapped bench with a curtain that doesn't reach the bottom (so water fills the entire floor of the bathroom at least 1/4 inch.) No exaggeration. They only had three towels in the bathroom (again for a room that can fit 6 people?) and we had to use everything possible to try to keep the water closer to the end of the bathroom where the shower was located. When I tried to politely mention something to the front desk (who rarely make eye contact and rarely say hello to guests to begin with) he acted like I was out of my mind in asking about the shower and water situation. Seriously, no tub or tile ridge to keep water in? Unreal. This coupled with the terrible customer service...is hard to justify spending $200 a night for something done so cheaply and then advertised as something better than it really is. Management cut as many corners as possible in this make-over and it shows! I didn't even mention our floor was dirty the first night - we have a one year old who was crawling around and loaded with black hairs... and we are all blondes. Ewww. We didn't even say anything about that.I try not to be overly critical, but I am so disappointed with this hotel and felt others should be warned. I spent a good amount of time today tryin' to find another hotel nearby to move to, but unfortunately they are all full. So please, heed our warning, please promise you'll take your hard earned money and spend it elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Lisa H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is a small, quiet, Boutique Hotel in the Galleria. Its within short walking distance to great shopping and restaurants. Room was very clean and guest services were on top of everything.

I'll be back soon!

Room Tip: The Galleria is a busy part of town but you could not here any street noise from upper level floors.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stayed here for four nights, and got a great rate on Hotwire. The location is great -- easily walkable to the Galleria. I really like the Indigo concept. The decor is totally original -- lots of blues and violets, which are very soothing.

Interestingly, the rooms have hardwood floors. I've never encountered that in a chain hotel before, and I liked it. I was worried that I'd hear the footsteps of the people in the room above me, but that was never an issue.

The room had a very comfortable bed and a good amount of storage space. The bathroom didn't have any towel bars -- just hooks. Everything was really clean. TV was not a flat screen, but there were a lot of channels.

The restaurant downstairs was a bit pricey, but had long hours and would provide room service. One morning I ate breakfast there, and there was only one woman working there. Service was slow as a result. But she was friendly and apologetic.

There are a ton of hotels in this area, but this is one of the newest, and is a great value. I definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: There can be some noise from the parking lot in front of the hotel -- try to get a room that is on a...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Cordoba, Argentina
Reviewed September 27, 2011

location is perfect within walking distance of the galleria. booked the hotel through priceline so the price was unreal (note, i have no idea real price). hotel had a boutique hotel feel. very good vibe! check out the argentina cafe across the street for nice breakfast.

Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Houston
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Stayed here for 1 night (had a 1 king bed 2 room suite) for our wedding night, loved it, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was really pretty, would recommend it !

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Scotland, UK
Reviewed September 23, 2011

This was our first trip to Houston. We found this hotel very clean The service was very good and it is very well located for the Galleria The only negative is the air conditioning is very noisy. If we return to Houston again we would stay here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 15, 2011

What a wonderful find nestled in Houston's Galleria. Hotel Indigo is tucked away behind an office building and Staybridge Suites off of Hidalgo Road. I liked everything about it. There’s no charge to park. The rooms are beautifully layed out and have everything you need at hand. They even put some coat hooks on the wall. Why is that such a difficult concept for hotels - I'll bet most travelers need to hang something up. The rooms have giant murals of flowers or seascapes on the wall behind the bed--they look great and they add character. Indigo is full of touches like that. Service was efficient and pleasant. They have a cute little restaurant/bar off the lobby. Lots of white, blue and green accents; it feels like you're at a seaside resort. In fact the only thing I missed was a swimming pool. Perhaps not a necessity if you’re going to the Galleria area, since the shopping is the big thing. Speaking of that, Hotel Indigo is about a half a block from the entrance to Nordstroms, and from there you’re in the mall. Limits the amount of walking in the heat you have to do. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: The rooms are all nice, I doubt if there's much difference between them.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business