This is the first time I have ever written a review, because most of the time I believe you must get along to get along, but this hotel is just bad. We travel as a family several times a year so my family and I know our way around a hotel and understand things happen, however we also expect things to be fixed when brought to the attention of the staff.
I will try to keep it short:
1) When we booked the room we did for for 2 adults and 1 child. When we got to our room it had one king size bed and no where for our 3 yr old to sleep. We called down for another room, non available, asked for a crib, or pack and play, but again none where available.
2) Ice machines on ALL floors either did not work or where out of ice. We where on the 6th (top floor) and our ice maker had a hand written sign saying it was out of order. No problem things happen I understand, but then I went from floor to floor and ALL ice makers where out. I also found another man along my search that ran into the same problem. I know ice is a little thing, but they should have at least one that had ice in it.
3) One of the only two elevators was broken. When I mean broken I mean that it was stuck on the 6th floor and would just open and close, open and close, open, and close. It did not stop.
4) Cleanliness - we return to our hotel room after a long day of seeing the sites and we what should we find but a dirty cleaning rag on our bathroom sink and no hand towels. This made us survey the room and it looked like the cleaning person left right in the middle of it and never came back. Ugggg
5) When we left in the morning at 10:30AM we asked that a crib or pack and play be delivered to our room because we were still stuck in a room with no place ( other then in the same bed as my wife and I ) to sleep. When we returned back at 8PM there was no crib or pack and play.
BTW, no pool, hot tub, or other recreational area.
There is more, but honestly this should get you a clear picture of the situation. My wife was really excited to check out the hotel since we had never stayed in one before. Well after this visit I really doubt we would ever stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria is located in the trendy Houston Galleria neighborhood - at the heart of the Uptown District - home to this innovative Houston hotel. Let us Inspire You. Our non-smoking rooms have breathtaking decor, over sized beds, fluffy over sized pillows and cozy duvets. We have complimentary parking outside, as well as, complimentary high speed Internet hot spots inside the hotel. An inviting lobby and pub styled social area welcomes you into this Houston hotel. Relax and enjoy our quick service bistro (Cross Roads)for cutting edge cuisine, as we proudly brew Houston's local Dodd Coffee. Our meeting rooms are trendy and stylish - a perfect balance for business or social events. To experience Hotel Indigo Houston Galleria is to indulge in high peace. Like the uptown neighborhood, we are dedicated to pleasing you. You won't find a better fit than our Hotel in the Houston Galleria Uptown Area! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, HotelPower, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Indigo Houston At The Galleria Hotel Houston
- Hotel Indigo Houston
- Indigo Hotel Houston