“Great Stay”

Ranked #32 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Slidell, Louisiana
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

I had to have out patient surgery in Houston. Picked this hotel because of the reviews on Trip Advisor. It did not disappoint. I booked the king size bed room, it was nice and cool when we arrived. The room was very large, and had everything we needed. It was very quiet and I was able to get a good nights sleep. Our stay was so great, that when I had to return for my follow up appointment, we stayed there again. This time we were able to enjoy the breakfast. I will stay again if I return to Houston.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

We love repeat guests !!!! Thank you for the great words about the hotel. When a guest comes back by choice we know we are doing it right. There are so many options today it really is about comfort and how you are treated. Our team is great and they enjoy what they do, that makes it easier.

The Team at Days Inn & Suites Hobby Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

I got a little worried as the airport shuttle brought us to the hotel. When I asked if the area was safe to walk to the closest restaurant, I was told it wasn't a smart idea after dark.

This is a typical low price hotel in that the shuttle driver was also the desk clerk. We were given a suite which was more spacious then some, but the full kitchen (separate room) had no dishes or silverware, so it was pretty useless. Sometimes timeshare hotels have these ammenities. Thankfully our chinese delivery meal came with plasticware!

Let me say that the room was clean. I was quick to check for bedbugs and was pleasantly surprised to see a fairly new mattress (no bugs) with quality bedding. My only complaint was the size of the pillows. Many hotels are doing these little pillow squares that I don't care for.

So with a good bed, the rest of this "clean" room had poor to average toiletries and towels.. this is what we paid for though, as this room was under $100 per night.

Well painted, well lit and the furniture, although not quality was in good condition. We were in room 105 which like all the rooms, open directly outside. Being on the ground floor we were unable to open the shades because of people walking by the window. I would definately ask for a room on an upper floor, although without an elevator, be sure you can carry your suitcase up the stairs.

The staff was very accomodating right from the start. When another customer returned to the desk with a key that didn't work, the clerk went to the room to help them.

The hotel offers a small but typical hotel breakfast - the fruit was fresh and the coffee decent. Otherwise, it was all processed foods...but that is usually what you expect at these things.

I probably wont' stay here again, only because there are other higher end hotels in the immediate area. If you are only coming to sleep, it is not bad.

Room Tip: Be prepared to have people walking by your window if you are on the ground floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Warm Regards:
Merriam, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

From the get GO, the four of us had a most enjoyable stay here. We requested two rooms with two king size beds. We were given rooms on the first floor. I thought it would be noisy since all the cars were parked in front of our rooms but it was very quiet and we had a relaxing nights sleep.Rooms were quite spacious and well kept. Very clean with all the amenities offered for a comfortable stay. Bed was quite fluffy and sheets were very clean.Staff was cordial and took care of our needs promptly. Food was offered for breakfast which was a huge plus for us. I would recommend this establishment for anyone wanting a very good deal for the price that you pay. You receive so much more in this hotel than others priced much higher. We will definitely be back here when we visit Houston again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I chose this property because of the Tripadvisor scores, and was happy with my choice. The area itself isn't great: it's a bit of a food desert, so you really need a car to get around. But if you are staying this side of town, or have an early flight from Hobby airport, this hotel is excellent value for money. It\s also handy for a visit to NASA JSC. Breakfasts are good if not luxurious. Rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff are really nice and are willing to go the extra mile to make sure their guests have a pleasant stay. Prices were very competitive: I could stay here for 4 nights and still remain well within my travel budget.

Room Tip: Go for a suite, as it includes a small kitchenette.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Valued Guest:

Comfort, Quality and Price, have to be three of the most important things when traveling and THANK YOU for noticing we provide them all. It is so great to hear when a guest is happy and enjoyed the stay. I will share your comments with the team and we hope if you are in the area we will visit us again. Thank you for sharing.

Roseburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We got to Houston early before a cruise we were taking. So we had three days and nights to site see. We were very pleased with this hotel. The breakfast was good, the staff was friendly, and the rooms were nice big and homey. I was pleased to stay somewhere so nice for multiple nights.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

Albuquerque
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

This place was great. Not only was it clean and quiet, the beds were very comfortable. The room was exceptionally spacious and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Houston

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.