“Very clean & quiet property. Thx Trip Advisor reviewers!”

Days Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #37 of 507 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Very clean & quiet property. Thx Trip Advisor reviewers!”
Reviewed May 29, 2011

I needed a 1 night stay adjacent to Hobby Airport. Checked out current Trip Advisor reviews and this Days Inn had the best current ones... thank you everyone for contributing the good and bad news about Hobby Airport area hotels. This Days Inn is very clean and very quiet. My son and I were assigned a second floor room. We did our usual bed bug check (see my review from last September at Cincy Hilton - the mgr taught us what to look for - God bless him). Room was up to date and everything worked fine. The complimentary breakfast was just fine for our needs. My only suggestion is that they air out these rooms a bit in between guests... it smelled damp from the shower - no ventilation gave it a musty odor. But there was no visible mold in the bathroom.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Spokane Valley, Washington
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Hotel owner was VERY helpful in getting me a room for a late notice reservation, even though the hotel was nearly full. He otffered me the Presidential Suite and dropped the room charge to match my government per diem rate. I called the front desk requesting a softer pillow (there was only hard ones on the bed), but was told they have no other type of pillows, I received a knock on my door an hour later and it was the hotel owner who brought me a perfect pillow, per my special request. I was amazed!! Great hotel staff, nice comfortable room, and other than the traffic outside, a nice quiet facility. Highly recommend staying here...especially if you're at Hobby to attend any training at Flight Safety International.

El Paso, Texas
Reviewed May 11, 2011

This is my third stay at this hotel, and each time has been pleasant. I've stayed here both by myself and with my family. The hotel is conveniently located close to Hobby airport, the property is well maintained, they offer all the services you want in a hotel, a great breakfast, free WiFi (that works), in room coffee, and extras, like complimentary bottled water and snack in the room when you check in. The rooms have all been updated, and have high quality linens and LCD TV's. They offer standard rooms with a small fridge in and microwave, and rooms with full kitchens. I've stayed in each, and prefer the standard rooms as the kitchen replaces the bathroom vanity, and I don't need more than a fridge and microwave, but the full kitchen may work well for some. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that it is not in the best neighborhood, it's located directly across the street from a strip club (this may be a plus for some); and the doors to the rooms open to the outside, (you drive right up to the door). I prefer to stay at places that have key card access to the building and doors that open to a hallway, especially when traveling with my family. Despite this, I felt plenty safe here. Also I must mention that the staff (family that owns and runs the hotel) is great.

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed May 11, 2011

I stayed here during the Final Four, and while the hotel was clean and had a good price I thought the reviews were a little over rated. First off, it's not in the greatest area. Once I started passing stores with bars on the windows I got a little skeptical. Also the hotel is located directly across the street from a sketchy strip club. On top of that, I was awakened one night at 3 a.m. by some mexican man banging on my door. No way I was opening the door in that area of town in the middle of the night. He repeatedly knocked on my door for 5 more minutes before realizing he had the wrong room. We also received a handicapped room which had a drain in the bathroom floor and was very foul smelling our last 2 nights there. The breakfast was good and as advertised, but overall I would look to stay elsewhere if I was in Houston again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank newshoes50
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 6, 2011

The staff was also friendly and helpful in addition to the entire facility being very well maintained and spotlessly clean,

Hampton, Georgia
Reviewed May 4, 2011

My Mom has been going to MD Anderson in Houston since June of last year. We have traveled out to Houston 15 times from Atlanta.The first time we came out we stayed at a hotel that the hospital had recommended. It was a huge place but was a terrible experience. We then found this hotel which we have now stayed at 14 times since then. The trips are very difficult for my mom but this hotel makes things very pleasant for her. From the time we arrive the owner and staff make us feel very welcome. It has been this way since we first came to their hotel.
They treat us like family and have from the beginning. The rooms are incredible and always clean. Even though we are near the hotel we never hear any airplane noise. The free shuttle is always quick and it is real close. There is a Dennys within walking distance and a small mini mart. The pool is always clean and is beautiful. The breakfast is great and the lady that works the area is so friendly. The hotel is REAL reasonable and a great value.I could go on and on but you won't find a better overall experience. We travel a lot and this is the best overall hotel by far. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone but especially to those going to MD Anderson. It will make your travel and time there so much easier. I would also recommend anyone coming in for a convention to stay here as well. I have traveled across America and stayed at several hotels for both business and pleasure and this one is tops. I never write reviews but felt compelled to share my feelings about this place and feel real confident you will be very pleased.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ShannonandAnthony
Flemington, New Jersey
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Hotel is not in a great part of town, but the hotel, the staff and the room make up for it. The courtesy car picked me up at Hobby eight minutes after I called late at night (11:30 pm), the young man was efficient and courteous. The check in was quick and I was in a beautiful clean room upstairs (made me feel a lot safer as a solo, female traveler) in minutes. The hotel appears to have been renovated recently. I didn't hear any noise outside of a fire or police siren on a nearby road speeding somewhere else. Breakfast was average, but facilities were clean and neat. The price was a value for the area. Even my cousins who live in Houston and were skeptical of my staying overnight here were impressed when they picked me up at the hotel the next morning.

Room Tip: Ask- the room staff aims to please.