“Pleasing stay with the HGI”

Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria Area
Ranked #63 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed January 29, 2011

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Galleria over the weekend for a wedding and we were pleasantly surprised. The staff from front desk to servers were always professional, friendly and most importantly easy on the eyes. The rooms are pretty spacious and clean. They even have fresh baked cookies out in the evenings (white choc mac is my fav). We also took advantage of the courtesy shuttle to go to a few restaurants in the area and the mall. Great value! We'd definitely stay here if we visit Houston again!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
HGIHoustonGalleria, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to compliment our staff. We take pride in providing great service and we are always happy to hear that the little things we do (such as offering freshly baked cookies) are enjoyed. Next time you're in Houston let me know and I'll be sure to set aside a few White Macadamia Nut Cookies just for you! :)

I hope you have a lovely day.

Warmest Regards,
Diane Giagnacovo

Director of Sales

Reviewed January 10, 2011

My wife and I decided to take a weekend trip to Houston and we were more than impressed with our experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. The parking garage was easy to get to and kept our car protected from the rain that weekend. When we walked in there was an amazing sugar cookie smell which made me feel like I was walking into my Mom's house. The front desk staff was incredibly attentive to our needs. They had great recommendations for restaurants and live music venues in town. I was impressed with the comfort of the room and my wife loved the fitness center. It is in a great location for folks not incredibly familiar with Houston. We walked to the Galleria! We had fun checking out all the shopping nearby. The Hilton Garden Inn will be my only choice in Houston.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We're fortunate to have front desk agents that really know the Galleria area and can make great recommendations to the several restaurants around the hotel. Next time you're back in Houston I'd like to invite you to taste our newly revamped dinner menu at the Great American Grill!

I hope you have a great day and thank you again for your review!

Warmest Regards,
Diane G.

Reviewed January 4, 2011

My parents just checked out of the hotel this morning, and the experience has insured that we will never stay at any Hilton hotel again. The room rate that was given on the hotel website was suddenly "no longer available" when my dad called to book the room. He was told that a hotel representative would meet them at the airport and transport them to the hotel. No one was there to meet my parents, so my dad called the hotel and was told that they do not provide shuttle service to or from the airport. It was going to cost $60 for them to get a cab from the airport to the hotel. Upon arrival at the hotel (I had to go pick them up), my parents complained to the desk clerks about being told that there would be someone from the hotel to meet them. The clerks were unconcerned and completely unsympathetic. They also never offered to help my parents arrange transportation back to the airport when they checked out! The clerk insisted on getting my dad's credit card for "incidentals." Understandably, my parents wanted to know what was going to be charged to their credit card. They were told that, among other things, they would be charged $10 per day for parking. My dad told the clerk that they did not have a car in Houston, so they would not need to park a car. Well sure enough, when they checked out this morning, there was a bill waiting under their door for PARKING!!!!! Unbelievable.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lesliedboyette
HGIHoustonGalleria, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2011

Thank you for your review. The satisfaction of our guests is very important to us and we offer our apologies for any misunderstanding and confusion that may have taken place.
We welcome our guests feedback and strive to always meet and exceed their expectations.
The hotel is located in the heart of the Galleria area and is 20 miles from Hobby airport and 28 miles from Bush airport and unfortunately does not provide complimentary transportation outside the three mile radius, similar to other galleria area hotels. Typically, only hotels located near major airports provide such service, because of the proximity to the airports.
The HGI offers rates that are very competitive in the market. Some of these rates are discounted depending on the season, arrival and departure dates. Some of these discounted rates may be non-refundable and are available within a particular window on the hotel's web site only. We apologize if this caused confusion at the time of booking and want to thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed September 23, 2010

My stay at teh Hilton Garden Inn far exceeded my expectations!
The staff was great, the room was very clean ,the beds were extremely confortable and the breakfast was delicious.
What a great location! We walked to the Galleria mall several times.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Houston.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Ashley B, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Thank you so much for such a detailed review and we are so pleased on how much you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate you choosing us on your trip to Houston and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed September 11, 2010

We have been remiss in complimenting your fine Hilton hotel unit. We have been guests numerous times and our stay was always enjoyed. The service and greetings at the front desk were punctual, professional and friendly. Cleanliness has always been observed and appreciated. Food service and quality have been outstanding.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay as our Guest and for taking the time to write this nice review. We strive to provide our Guest exceptional service and I am thrilled to see we are doing so. Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2010

I stayed here for one night while visiting my sister before her daughter's wedding. As soon as I checked into my room I could smell the mold. Believe me, when you are allergic to mold, you recognize the smell. I immediately went to the front desk and asked for another room. The desk clerk assured me that no one else had ever complained of an odor but gave me a new room. It also smelled but not as bad as the first room. Since it was very late, I decided to stay.

The smell was so strong that I woke up several times during the night. I got up early and checked out, noticing on the way down in the elevator that the smell wasn't as noticeable on the lower floors. I spoke with the person at the front desk about the smell and this time I was told that they knew about the odor but they were working on it. Clearly the staff was aware of the mold issue but weren't all on the same page about how to lie about it to their customers. I was concerned that they had no problems lying about such an important health issue.

I really didn't think that much more about it but that night at my sister's house, I opened my bag and could not believe the HORRIBLE odor that greeted me! I was shocked that the odor was still that strong 14 hours later! It confirmed that it was really was an issue.

IT IS DISGRACEFUL THAT A HOTEL WITH A MOLD PROBLEM DOESN'T DISCLOSE THIS TO PEOPLE WITH CHRONIC HEALTH CONDITIONS. THANKFULLY, MY CHILDREN WHO HAVE ASTHMA, WEREN'T WITH ME FOR THIS PART OF OUR VISIT!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
HGIHoustonGalleria, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2010

The health and safety of our guests is our top priority. If at anytime a guest or member of our staff reports an issue with a guestroom, we immediately take that room out of service until a thorough evaluation is completed. A room is returned to service once this evaluation is conducted and maintenance, if necessary, is completed in adherence to Hilton’s quality standards.

We welcome comments from our guests and, as always, will respond to them promptly and professionally.

Reviewed July 4, 2010

Overall I liked this hotel.

The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable, everything works. The food is good. The location is good for those who need to be in that part of town. And it represents good value.

The one thing letting it down is the noisy aircon.

My first room, at the back of the hotel on a low floor, had very noisy units right under the window. I asked to move and was promptly given a room at the front. This was better, but there was still a hum that was annoying, which could be heard from all over the hotel.

Even at the restaurant downstairs, whenever the aircon kicked in the noise was very load.

So overall I would recommend this hotel and stay here again, but watch out for the noisy aircon.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and tell us about your stay. It is always our mission to ensure every guest has a positive, memorable experience and I am sorry to hear we fell short in this instance. Please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations.