“Very good hotel experience”

Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria Area
Ranked #66 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed February 13, 2014

The staff of this hotel are unusually polite and helpful. Some of the best service I've experienced in a mid-priced hotel. I recommend it without reservation. Though the breakfast is standard and limited, the dining room and set-up are very easy on the guest.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Brooke S, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear JackRussellTerrier,

Cute dog! Thanks so much for reviewing your recent stay with us and sharing your experience with other travellers. Your comments will be shared with the staff who provide work to provide excellent guest service. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Houston!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is was a very lackluster hotel, I expected much more and $10 to park was absolutely ridiculous, please watch your food when eating at the restaurant , I found a hair in my food and nothing was done about it, this is not Hilton worthy

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Dear Michael J,

Thank you for taking the time to reveiw your recent stay with us. It is unfortuante to hear you were disappointed with the stay. We will certainly take your comments into consideration for improvements in the future. If you are ever in the area again we'd be happy to welcome you back with a more positive experience.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is one of the few hotels where I can find little fault. My friend and I arrived late morning on the 29th of January 2014 for a two night stay. Our room was ready and waiting well before the official check-in time. The hotel lobby was painted in bright white throughout making the hotel feel awake and very much alive. Too many hotels seem to go for darker colours for their décor. The bedroom and bathroom were exceptionally clean and the beds gave a very restful night's sleep.

On the 30th we both had the buffet breakfast which was about $9.95 each. A good selection including fruit, waffles, bacon, scrambled eggs, sausage, etc. There were a la carte items that could be purchased such as made to order omelettes but we were full with just the buffet alone. They also had a "happy hour" from 4:30pm-6:30pm where a selection of snacks were made available. Can not remember if this was available every night or just on the weekdays.

There were a lot of restaurants around the area within walking distance. Mexican seems to be quite popular in the area. There was a Chinese café about half a mile's walk which wasn't too bad.

Only downside was that the Internet in the rooms was a little slow.

This was a really great hotel. Both my friend and myself really enjoyed staying here.

Room Tip: Rooms with higher floor may be able to see more than just a car park.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Roger B

Dear Roger B,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us. While we value all of our reviews we are always happy to see a great review from a senior contributor. Your comments will be shared with the hotel team members. Thanks again for voting us "one of the best hotels!"

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Houston!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The hotel was immaculate and very quiet. We rested well on comfortable beds and great linens. The location was not ideal as we were going on a cruise and was 45 minutes from the cruise terminal. That was not the hotels fault. Great shopping and dining in the area, however all were very pricey.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jimmy S,

Thanks so much for your recent stay with us prior to your cruise. While we are not located in the Galveston area we do offer a great "pre" or "post" vacation stop to due some shopping and dining at the world renowned Galleria Mall and close by restaurants. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back for a weekend getaway.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I must say that I have stayed in this hotel for 3 times now. The first and second time were great, no problems at all and I loved it not only because of the clean rooms, convenient parking, nice lobby, etc. but because for me the convenience of having a great breakfast at your hotel is very important, so that way I don't have to leave and make a stop at another place to have a decent breakfast. The breakfast is great, as I mentioned before, they can make you fresh omelette if you want and the price is not bad at all, I think it was $12 the breakfast all you can eat from the buffet and the fresh omelette.

Anyway, the third time was very unpleasant because I did not have hot water in the morning! I waited for 15 minutes for at leas to get warm water, but nothing.. I think that is a must and basic at a hotel! I am not sure if it was because there were a couple times that we had power outage for 1 second and then electricity came back but I was not happy with that. We are talking about a hotel located in a "fancy" area and having this type of issues was very dissapointing.

I have not gotten back to this hotel since then just because of this really bad experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Maria E

Dear Maria E,

First, let me thank you for your loyalty. We really appreciate that you've stayed with us on multiple occasions and hope that we will be able to see you again soon. We apologize for unfortunate incident and the inconvenience it caused. We are certainly aware of the issue and will be making every step to fix it for everyone in the future.
Again, we hope you will consider staying with us again soon. Thank you!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Lovely hotel, spacious room, great value. Each room has a fridge and a microwave, the bathroom was clean and spacious. Overall, I would happily stay here again. Great location too - close to everything! I didn't try the breakfast, but it looked great. I was pleasantly suprised at the quality.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Dana N,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us! We appreciate you mentioning some of the great features that make your stay more enjoyable and stress free. Thank you for mentioning our great location! We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Good hotel and centrally located. Clean and comfortable. I didn't have a car, and restaurants and shopping were a little out of the way. Overall a good stay. this was a brief business trip and I would recommend it and stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Brooke S, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Dear MiddleAgedTravlrs,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write and review your recent stay with us! We appreciate your comments especially coming from such a senior contributor to Tripadvisor. Please think of us on your next trip to Houston! If you will not be traveling here again for business perhaps you will consider a weekend shopping trip!

Director of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
HYATT house Houston/Galleria
Hampton Inn Houston - Near The Galleria
Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria Area? Share your experiences!