Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria Area
$229
$219
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$90
$179
  • Room Service
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
$85
$125
galahotels.com
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
All reviewsmen's clubgalleria areafront deskgreat hotelwalking distancefamily weddingparking garagemile radiusstaff was very friendly and helpfulthe hotel staffclean roomshotel is locatedconvenient locationbusiness travelereasy accessbusiness tripshuttle service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 29, 2012

So was shooting for next door embassy but that was sold out. 3.5 stars.

The rooms were a bit dated but clean
Turned on heater one night and you could smell the old heater.
Location a good walk from galleria buy they have shuttle.
Next to the strip club so if your into that great place to stay.
Was interesting they didn't have breakfast as part of package. I think other hgi do unless that changed recently.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank jf005
HGIHoustonGalleria, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear jf005,

Thank you for taking time to write a review regarding your stay with us. We're disappointed to hear that your experience was simply decent, but we certainly do appreciate your feedback. Thank you for letting us know how we can improve.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had our quarterly meeting in Houston and used this facility for our meeting. As with most Hilton Gardens the focus is on the business traveler. The rooms were clean, comfortable and had all the items needed to aid in your work. There is free WiFi, extra outlets on the large desk, a business center with multiple PC's and printers. The staff was like our office assitance making multiple copies and helping with transportation to and from the Air Port. They could not do enough and werer eager to help. This hotel in a bit of a distance from the air port but well worth every second of drive time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Joe C
HGIHoustonGalleria, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Joe C,

Thank you for your review! I've shared your comments with the staff. It sounds like you had a successful meeting and a nice stay. We are happy to assist you with your printing, copying, scanning, faxing needs! Please visit us again the next time your travel plans bring you to the Houston Galleria Area!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for one night on a business trip last week. Made my reservation online as I know the Galleria area is nice and would offer things to do and places to eat within walking distance.

I was put on 3rd floor, right by a stairwell facing a concrete parking garage. I was frustrated as I could not get my drapes to stay all the way closed so I had to change in the bathroom and had an overwhelming feeling that people could see in my room as they were parking their cars throughout the night. Fun! The headlights coming in my room were at all hours were really fun too. Too bad I was already completely unpacked by the time I realized these two issues after dark or I would have made them change me to another room.

Also, the bathroom door in my room blocked the front door completely. One would think that this is a fire hazard as if you left it open during the night, you would not be able to get to the door to exit quickly.

For the price, it was a decent stay and convenient location; however, do keep in mind if you're traveling as a family and or children, you may have to do a little explaining as the hotel bumps up to a strip club right next door with high traffic in the evening.

Overall the accomodations were clean, fairly quiet (minus people in the stairwell) but basic. The fresh baked cookies at the check-in desk were a nice touch and made the whole lobby smell like a warm vanilla candle.......but that's where my warm and fuzzy feeling ended - the lobby.

Will try another property in the area next time I'm in Houston.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor so that you don't have to worry about the exterior traffic (front) or parking garage (rear).
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank brashsassy

Dear brashsassy,

Thank you so much for your review. We’re glad you enjoyed our delicious cookies.
I apologize for the frustrations you had with the room, and as we improve the on-property experience we look to reviews to see what should be improved. I've shared your comments with the staff. Again, we thank you for sharing with us.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights and loved the Galleria location, of course. The hotel was exceptionally clean, the lobby area really nice and modern, updated rooms, cordial staff and garage parking. Our bed was softer than we're used to when we travel but our room was nice and quiet, which is always important. Enjoyed the optional breakfast with cooked-to-order items too.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank babyboomertravler
HGIHoustonGalleria, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear babyboomertravler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about out hotel! We appreciate your kind words! We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you'll return next time you're travel plans bring you to Houston!

Have a great day,

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Hilton Garden Inn at the Galleria was a very comfortable experience during a 2 day business meeting. The room was comfortable and well appointed, all the amenities were spot on.

Staff was cordial and greeted me by name on check in and check out.

The breakfast bar was fresh and the made to order breakfast prompt and tasty. This is a good hotel for a fast paced business trip within walking distance of Galleria and the client office in the area.

Room Tip: This hotel the rooms to the east are very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bob C
HGIHoustonGalleria, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Bob C.,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review! We're so happy that you were recognized by name upon check in and we're happy you liked your guest room! We hope to see you back soon.