“Meeting with Style”

Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria Area
Ranked #64 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had our quarterly meeting in Houston and used this facility for our meeting. As with most Hilton Gardens the focus is on the business traveler. The rooms were clean, comfortable and had all the items needed to aid in your work. There is free WiFi, extra outlets on the large desk, a business center with multiple PC's and printers. The staff was like our office assitance making multiple copies and helping with transportation to and from the Air Port. They could not do enough and werer eager to help. This hotel in a bit of a distance from the air port but well worth every second of drive time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Joe C
HGIHoustonGalleria, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Joe C,

Thank you for your review! I've shared your comments with the staff. It sounds like you had a successful meeting and a nice stay. We are happy to assist you with your printing, copying, scanning, faxing needs! Please visit us again the next time your travel plans bring you to the Houston Galleria Area!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for one night on a business trip last week. Made my reservation online as I know the Galleria area is nice and would offer things to do and places to eat within walking distance.

I was put on 3rd floor, right by a stairwell facing a concrete parking garage. I was frustrated as I could not get my drapes to stay all the way closed so I had to change in the bathroom and had an overwhelming feeling that people could see in my room as they were parking their cars throughout the night. Fun! The headlights coming in my room were at all hours were really fun too. Too bad I was already completely unpacked by the time I realized these two issues after dark or I would have made them change me to another room.

Also, the bathroom door in my room blocked the front door completely. One would think that this is a fire hazard as if you left it open during the night, you would not be able to get to the door to exit quickly.

For the price, it was a decent stay and convenient location; however, do keep in mind if you're traveling as a family and or children, you may have to do a little explaining as the hotel bumps up to a strip club right next door with high traffic in the evening.

Overall the accomodations were clean, fairly quiet (minus people in the stairwell) but basic. The fresh baked cookies at the check-in desk were a nice touch and made the whole lobby smell like a warm vanilla candle.......but that's where my warm and fuzzy feeling ended - the lobby.

Will try another property in the area next time I'm in Houston.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor so that you don't have to worry about the exterior traffic (front) or par...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank brashsassy

Dear brashsassy,

Thank you so much for your review. We’re glad you enjoyed our delicious cookies.
I apologize for the frustrations you had with the room, and as we improve the on-property experience we look to reviews to see what should be improved. I've shared your comments with the staff. Again, we thank you for sharing with us.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights and loved the Galleria location, of course. The hotel was exceptionally clean, the lobby area really nice and modern, updated rooms, cordial staff and garage parking. Our bed was softer than we're used to when we travel but our room was nice and quiet, which is always important. Enjoyed the optional breakfast with cooked-to-order items too.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank babyboomertravler
HGIHoustonGalleria, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear babyboomertravler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about out hotel! We appreciate your kind words! We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you'll return next time you're travel plans bring you to Houston!

Have a great day,

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Hilton Garden Inn at the Galleria was a very comfortable experience during a 2 day business meeting. The room was comfortable and well appointed, all the amenities were spot on.

Staff was cordial and greeted me by name on check in and check out.

The breakfast bar was fresh and the made to order breakfast prompt and tasty. This is a good hotel for a fast paced business trip within walking distance of Galleria and the client office in the area.

Room Tip: This hotel the rooms to the east are very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bob C
HGIHoustonGalleria, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Bob C.,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review! We're so happy that you were recognized by name upon check in and we're happy you liked your guest room! We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We worked thru Diane Giagnacovo to reserve a block of rooms for my daughters wedding. She did a great job....was organized, quick to return phone calls and emails and eager to help in any way.
Diane made sure she had all of the info regarding the itinerary for the wedding weekend so that she could assist guest with questions. When the guest checked in they were given our "welcome boxes" along with info from the hotel regarding their complimentary shuttle to the wedding reception.
The hotel is nice and in a great location. We could not have been more pleased.
Jane

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Jane,

Wow! What a nice review (huge grin). Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure hosting your family and friends. We truly mean it when we say we're happy to assist you in any way that we can. :)

We hope you think of us the next time your in Houston! Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for two nights on a recent business trip. Overall, my trip was positive. Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:
The rooms are nicely done. They feel very clean, the in-room amenities were a nice touch (Bath and Bodyworks)

The hotel had a lot of little extras... like cookies at 4:00 (no earlier); free lobby coffee; hot chocolate and hot tea and chips; salsa at dinner time; and an assortment of newspapers

Free wireless internet

Guarded parking (you have to pay to park)

Decent work-out area. Closed at 10:00 p.m.

CONS:
The location is decent. You can walk to the Galleria Mall but getting in and out of the hotel was really difficult. It's also right next to a strip club.

The hotel staff was adequate. At all times it seemed like there were at least 4 women at the front desk and I felt like they all had an attitude.

Bottomline: Would I stay here again? Probably not because I prefer SPG or Marriott.... but my co-worker LOVED this hotel and stays here every time she's in Houston

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
HGIHoustonGalleria, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear JustCallmeTourGuide,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments with us. We’re happy that you had a positive experience and you enjoyed the wonderful amenities and services our hotel offers. Thank you for sharing your pros and cons with us.
We hope you will consider coming back to visit us in the future.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

When I checked in I told the lady I had requested a feather free room, she proceeded to argue with me that I did not. I made it clear at that time that I needed a feather free room and that I would need all new sheets if there were any feathers in the room. She sent someone up with pillows later and I tried to explain that the sheets needed to be changed and the housekeeper did not speak a word of English. I called back down and the clerk (who I believe was the GM) was very nasty. It took about an hour to get the sheets changed. They also tried to charge me for parking eventhough, I did not have a car at the hotel. I did encounter one male employee that was very helpful when I needed some tape. There were also toiletries in the restrooms downstairs which I thought was very nice and the pool looked very inviting. This visit was very important to me as it was my first time in Houston and I will be back for several days in Dec and was going to utilize this hotel again but, I will look at others. I would say that their customer service needs severe work.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear thequeencole,

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you thought the pool was very inviting and you were satisfied with your interaction with one of our employees. We were very surprised by your experience upon check in. The only conclusion that we can come up with is that the front desk agent assisting you did not fully understand what you were requesting. It is our job to ensure that we ask our guests all the right questions and fully understand what our guests are requesting. We certainly apologize for the breakdown in communication. We certainly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to prevent the same situation with a future guest.

Diane G.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
HYATT house Houston/Galleria
Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria
Hampton Inn Houston - Near The Galleria

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria Area? Share your experiences!