“An attraction worth checking out”
Review of Beer Can House

Beer Can House
Ranked #42 of 303 things to do in Houston
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The Beer Can House is literally a house covered in flattened beer cans, and landscaped with marbles and rock inlaid in concrete. You can tour the house and learn about the ongoing restoration project.
Boston
120 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 162 helpful votes
“An attraction worth checking out”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stopped by the Beer Can House in Houston. We paid the small amount to do the self guided tour. It was cool and quirky. They have a short video on the life of the owners that was worth checking out. The labels are starting to fade from the elements but it was cool to try and point out all of the different beer makers that were used for the siding. It is a fun stop to spend about 30 minutes at.

Visited November 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Such a wacky house in the middle of a residential area. We've been by the outside before but decided we wanted to do the tour. The inside is pretty underwhelming but the video about the house was wonderful to watch. It's short but very entertaining. It doesn't take long to visit and tour, and it is definitely worth the trip to at least see from the outside :) My husband and I went with my mother, but had a Groupon for guided tour for 2 people for $5 but there was a large tour with a Spanish translator so they gave us the option to wait a bit or let the 3rd person in free and gave us a printed guidebook. We chose the third person with the guide book which was great. but wouldn't count on this every time though, especially if it is really crowded. We also brought our dogs along and they were allowed in the house as long as they were well behaved. I wouldn't count on this happening every time especially if there are large tour groups. They were a little hesitant about it, but really nice.

Visited October 2013
Houston, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Made us smile”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I knew my Husband would love The Beer Can House, instead of recycling beer cans and the odd bottle here and there it shows with a lot of imagination how to creat a visual art feast. Worth a couple of $'s to take a tour - I wonder if John Milkovisch drunk each can!

Visited August 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

If you're serious about art go to the MFA. If you like fun and quirky art check this place out. I especially loved the video they show inside the house. The owner was a riot. The video also shows that the house used to be in a neighborhood of small bungalows whereas the Beer Can House is now flanked by condo buildings - I am fascinated by that kind of thing. Between that and the inside of the house you get a sense of how people here used to live and how the city grew and started swallowing the small houses. You won't be here for long but it's worth the trip, there's plenty of street parking and it's not far from other attractions. And the fee is $2 for a self guided tour - not bad at all. I would have paid more.

Visited August 2013
Clarksville, Tennessee
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Something different”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Dropped by on a Saturday to see the house. It was interesting. They were not giving tours that day. And had they been I don't know that I would have been that interested. I would say it was just okay at best.

Visited July 2013