“Quality productions, clean fun”
Review of A.D. Players

A.D. Players
Ranked #84 of 307 things to do in Houston
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 1967 by Jeannette Clift George, A. D. Players produces plays and programs that entertain, inspire, and enrich under the creative signature of God. Committed to producing plays and programs that uphold human value and offer creativity, we continue to serve the Houston community and beyond with our unique artistic signature of faith. Our company is one of Houston's largest resident theater companies, impacting more than nine million people. Annually, we produce five Mainstage shows and four Children's Theater shows, field a National Touring Unit, and maintain a year-round Theater Arts Academy.
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I love the AD Players - they present really good productions and I don't have to worry about being offended by vulgarities or nudity. The children's theatre is great - minimal costumes are less scary for the really young set.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

An artsy, small theater on W. Alabama that always features excellent drama, comedy and spiritual performances. Not a time or money waster, for sure!

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Have had season tickets for years and look forward to each show!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Always a good spot to keep on your calendars. We enjoy the yearly Christmas shows.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

We have been seeing AD Players productions since my children were able to sit in a chair. My favorite was seeing their FREE adaptation of The Hobbit at Miller Outdoor Theater. They managed to take a very dense, complex and long story and make it digestible by my 3 yr old and fit it into 1 hour 20 min. It was really awesome. They even managed to fit in most of my favorite lines and keeping most of the story in that time frame. They have normal productions that are for older kids and adults and special performances for small children. Those are shorter in duration and very much rated G. I always take my kids to those performances and see people from 8 to 80 in the audience having a great time.
This holiday season I took 35 of our closest friends to see The Greatest Christmas Pageant Ever. Since we were a group we paid $8 per ticket, and they got us all great seats together in the middle of the seating area. You only need 10 tickets to get the group rate so make an outing of it! The production was lively and entertaining. I can’t think of a better $8 I have spent entertaining my kids, and supporting local theater.
Highly recommend!