“Gigantic Flea Market”

Traders Village Marketplace
Ranked #98 of 318 things to do in Houston
More attraction details
Owner description: Traders Village Houston opened in 1989. Since then millions of people have browsed, shopped and traded in the 100+ acre market. Every weekend shoppers find thousands of dealers offering a little bit of everything, all at bargain prices. Only at Traders Village can you stroll through thousands of shops, wheel and deal with the shop owners themselves and get the bargain of a lifetime. From furniture to flowers you can find it at Traders Village Houston. Join us to shop one of our 1,500 stores! Ride all of our 11 amusement park rides for only $9.75 for an all day pass! Come out for some of our 30+ concerts, festivals, and special events!
Reviewed November 1, 2011

The stalls just keep going and going, lots of knock-offs and cut-rate goods. But in the mix, there are some curiosities and deals to be had. I was mainly looking for records and I found a few goodies. Stay away from the corndog stand. How do you mess up a corndog? I guess I should know better, it is a corndog after all.

1  Thank chorizoconpapas

Reviewed June 26, 2011

This use to be great 8 years ago. Now it is overcome with mexicans. All selling pretty much the same thing.

When can we go to find a equally diverse culture?

5  Thank fsreyes
Reviewed September 3, 2010

We have visited this location for over a decade, but just returned after not going there for a few years. The quality has gone down and it is certainly not like the big flea markets such as Round-Top or Canton, which are antique centered. This one over a hundred small shops that seem permanent, then many many other temporary set-ups. So many now offer second-hand clothes, junk, or Chinese cheap-o trinkets. It's turned from a previous interesting venue to one of the low-end Mercado. It's all in what you're looking for, but it's no longer for us.

4  Thank MaltaBound
Reviewed June 15, 2010

My husband & I have lived here for over 2 years. In the 2 years we have been here, there has been an ongoing problem with the laundromat & swimming pool. I called several times regarding these situations & keep being told it will be next week. Next week has turned into months now with the laundromat. Has been closed for several months for repair & to date have not seen any attempts for the repairs?? It is summer time & seasonal RV'rs with children/grandchildren stop here on their way to or from & have no entertainment for the children as the pool is "closed for repairs"... I'm sure there is things for them to do at the flea market on the weekends, but it's summertime & the pool would be refreshing for them & for the residents!!
While I fully understand recession, our monthly rates have been increased $15.00 a month & not sure why as no explanation was given for the increase. Surely it's not for the upkeep!?!? The flea market as been expanded & see where a lot of the money has gone to & can only assume we are helping to pay for this.
On the line of the flea market -- it is a great place to go for all kinds of bargains & some of the entertainment they have but.......we are more or less stuck in our RV's for the weekend. If you need to run errands you will need to do them early in the mornng or just plan to be gone all day as trying to get to your home is impossible. I have waited up to an hour just to get home. We (residents) have to wait just as long as anybody coming into the flea market to get to our homes!!!
I know, I know, why don't I just move, well , it's not as simple to do on a limited income. We really like the spacious pads & have made friends with a lot of the residents. Lots of good people & have found they feel the same way. Everyone is respectful with their areas & with their pets... Just would like a little respect back from whoever owns Traders Village/Houson.

1  Thank Astros1
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Spent 3+ weeks at RV park due to business in the area. Lots of activity on the weekends due to the flea market but quiet during the week. Security on premises and nice layout of RV spaces with plenty of room.
Maintenance of the RV park is sorely lacking. 50% of the dryers never worked in the laundry even after notifying the front desk more than once. I don't think the laundry room was cleaned the whole time we were there. The dryer sheets and the cobwebs continued to accumulate. Lawns were mowed every week, but the litter in the RV section was consistent and obvious but never picked up. While internet is available, it is an extra charge and there is no cable.
The basics are here and it could be so much better if the maintenance were tended to!!

1  Thank GrandJunction