“Truly the best holiday inn to choose; perhaps the best hotel choice for this price point in the area without doubt.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston East
Ranked #254 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is my third visit. I travel quite often to the greater Houston area and this particular holiday is by far superior. The staff is excellent. The location is easily within my area if work and the restaurant has kept this place top of mind; a relaxed environment; great food. The staff in the restaurant is top notch. I go out if my way to stay here. The people make the difference. The food is terrific. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Dakota1996
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston East

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Really a great little hotel. Totally helpful staff, big clean well furnished rooms and a location to be able to walk to a few restaurants. Perfect for a short business trip although it's out of the main town of Houston. Easy access to freeway.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stopped off the road at this facility. The manager on duty quoted us a price for our room. When we said no and were about to leave, he gave us a "negotiated deal" on our room charge, which we accepted. However, when I checked the room price for our category on the website, and it was $5 less than we were charged. Some deal!!! However, the room was pleasant and clean, and the breakfast was wonderful.

Room Tip: If you have a computer, check availability and prices from the parking lot!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is a nice place to stay if you are in the area. The staff is great and very accomodating. Denise mentioned Ivory, and she is very kind and helpful. She will go out of her way to make sure you are satisfied. I was impressed with her hospitality.

The king room I had was huge. Everything was functional and comfortable. There are several good restaurants surrounding this property including Salt Grass, Pappasito's (Unbelievable. Try the Mexico City chicken soup. It comes with white meat shredded chicken, rice, diced avocadoes and cilantro. It rocks. They also have a warm salsa with a bit of a kick.), and Chilis. Sorry, I digress. I get caught up when talking about food.

I was pleased with my stay here. I really don't have any complaints, but maybe a suggestion. The lighting in the room is all fluorescent and it's just a little stark for my taste. It feels like being in the office. I know that the pressure is on to convert to energy saving mercury-laden bulbs, but I'm still having a problem with it. Maybe it's just me. It doesn't feel homey. Maybe others like it...I don't know. Personally, I still enjoy the warm, cozy glow of an incandescent bulb. To each his own. I just turn the lights out and open the window.

I would recommend this property without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sprklhead
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Nice, clean, breakfast- pancakes, sausage, eggs, toast, juice coffee etc.
Manager, Nicole was nice.

However, if you book from Hotwire you will likely be given a bed with king size and will have to pay extra if you want 2 queen beds.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

An excellent stay! Ivory was extremly helpful in finding places to eat, times to be on the freeway that would not be stressful, and she is an overall great person. The rooms are large and very comfortable. The amenities were plentifull.
The shower and bath area was clean and prestine. If I had to come back to this area I would stay here. The breakfast was good and hot also. :-)

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank s_denise39
HOUJC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston East, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Thank you so much for the awesome feedback. We strive to provide the Best Guest Experience and we are delighted to hear that we were succesful! We thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest and we hope to see you back soon!

-Jose Arriaga, General Manager

Reviewed March 30, 2012

The address is 114601 I10 E, Houston Texas. Its hard to tell if you have the correct one when there are 10 to choose from, The one we stayed at was nice , clean, big room, we had supper at CiCi's pizza just a stone throw from the hotel. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't forget your AAA card.....
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple