“Surprised at the price”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston East
Ranked #245 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stopped off the road at this facility. The manager on duty quoted us a price for our room. When we said no and were about to leave, he gave us a "negotiated deal" on our room charge, which we accepted. However, when I checked the room price for our category on the website, and it was $5 less than we were charged. Some deal!!! However, the room was pleasant and clean, and the breakfast was wonderful.

Room Tip: If you have a computer, check availability and prices from the parking lot!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is a nice place to stay if you are in the area. The staff is great and very accomodating. Denise mentioned Ivory, and she is very kind and helpful. She will go out of her way to make sure you are satisfied. I was impressed with her hospitality.

The king room I had was huge. Everything was functional and comfortable. There are several good restaurants surrounding this property including Salt Grass, Pappasito's (Unbelievable. Try the Mexico City chicken soup. It comes with white meat shredded chicken, rice, diced avocadoes and cilantro. It rocks. They also have a warm salsa with a bit of a kick.), and Chilis. Sorry, I digress. I get caught up when talking about food.

I was pleased with my stay here. I really don't have any complaints, but maybe a suggestion. The lighting in the room is all fluorescent and it's just a little stark for my taste. It feels like being in the office. I know that the pressure is on to convert to energy saving mercury-laden bulbs, but I'm still having a problem with it. Maybe it's just me. It doesn't feel homey. Maybe others like it...I don't know. Personally, I still enjoy the warm, cozy glow of an incandescent bulb. To each his own. I just turn the lights out and open the window.

I would recommend this property without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sprklhead
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Nice, clean, breakfast- pancakes, sausage, eggs, toast, juice coffee etc.
Manager, Nicole was nice.

However, if you book from Hotwire you will likely be given a bed with king size and will have to pay extra if you want 2 queen beds.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

An excellent stay! Ivory was extremly helpful in finding places to eat, times to be on the freeway that would not be stressful, and she is an overall great person. The rooms are large and very comfortable. The amenities were plentifull.
The shower and bath area was clean and prestine. If I had to come back to this area I would stay here. The breakfast was good and hot also. :-)

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank s_denise39
HOUJC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston East, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Thank you so much for the awesome feedback. We strive to provide the Best Guest Experience and we are delighted to hear that we were succesful! We thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest and we hope to see you back soon!

-Jose Arriaga, General Manager

Reviewed March 30, 2012

The address is 114601 I10 E, Houston Texas. Its hard to tell if you have the correct one when there are 10 to choose from, The one we stayed at was nice , clean, big room, we had supper at CiCi's pizza just a stone throw from the hotel. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't forget your AAA card.....
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

-Jose Arriaga, General Manager

Reviewed November 27, 2011

We were traveling from Austin to Florida for Thanksgiving, booking hotels along the way as we got tired of driving. Our first stay was in Houston at the Holiday Inn Express, Houston East along I-10. It was wonderful. The room was clean, bathroom was clean, linens were clean. The bed was new enough to not be lumpy. The free breakfast was good and plentiful. Out of all the hotels we stayed at on our trip (4), this was by far the best one. We didn't stay at another Holiday Inn Express on our trip, but the next time we go to Florida, we will be actively looking for them.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank G P
HOUJC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston East, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

I pray that your trip and Thanksgiving trip went well. Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and for the awesome feedback. We strive to create a memorbale Guest Experience that will leave an Excellent impression about our hotel. I am pleased to hear that we accomplished this goal during your visit. Please come back and see us soon and have a wonderful Holiday season! - Jose Arriaga, General Manager

Reviewed August 6, 2011

This HIE is very typical of what you will find at most of the brand's properties. It isn't brand new, but the management has done a good job of keeping things fresh and nice. The A/C worked well and my room was always cool. Internet access was wired or wireless, and fast. The bed was comfortable. My room had a really big HDTV, with a half dozen or less channels in HD - the rest SD. Breakfast was your typical HIE, which is identical at just about every location: not bad, but not great (good cinnamon rolls, but eggs are reconstituted and bacon is paper-thin). The location was perfect for my stay. You have a movie theater just across the parking lot, many restaurants very close, and easy access from the interstate.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ajnuff
HOUJC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston East, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Good Afternoon,

Thank you so so much for choosing us as a home away from home. We truly appreciate your business. I am delighted to hear that your stay met your expectations. I pray that you can visit us again sometime in the future. If you ever need anything, please advise. Have a great rest of the summer and hope to see you again soon!

Jose Arriaga, General Manager