“Simply amazing stay.”

Comfort Suites Houston West Beltway 8
Ranked #114 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

Over all it was one of the best hotels we have had the pleasure to stay in. We are making it our only stop in Houston. The breakfast bar is just delicious and so very clean as is the hotel in all. The staff is the very best. See you soon.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Rosario A
Myriam F, Manager at Comfort Suites Houston West Beltway 8, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Dear Rosario,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are ecstatic to hear that we will be your one stop when you travel to Houston. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 26, 2014

After a long drive this hotel was an oasis. The hotel had great service, Lupa at the desk was very attentive to our needs. When the first room we had didn't meet our needs, she was very quick to set us up in a new room. Our room was modern and clean, with a great bathroom and also free wifi. Mostly asian restaurants within driving distance. Free breakfast in the morning. Overall would definitely recommend this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Myriam F, Manager at Comfort Suites Houston West Beltway 8, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Dear Chrissy6547,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night on the way to Austin to visit our son at UT. We could not possibly have been more impressed and pleased with this hotel. The only staff person we interacted with was the desk manager but she was very knowledgeable about area restaurants AND the tricks to get in and out of them easily. Our room was smartly decorated, spotlessly clean and blissfully QUIET. There was a family with several small children in the next room and we never even heard them once. Check in and out was effortless, as was booking the reservation (right here through TripAdvisor.com). When I booked the room last week, this was rated #3 of 450 hotels in Houston. Now I know why and you can be certain I will stay there again.

Room Tip: try to get on the east end and north side. That is the farthest from the noisy Beltway 8 traffic...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Myriam F, Manager at Comfort Suites Houston West Beltway 8, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Dear Kevin,

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stayed here for one night while we attended a game at Minute Maid Park, about 30 minutes away. The facility looked new, the room was clean and comfortable and the staff was very helpful. The fitness room was also well maintained and had enough equipment for a good workout. The complimentary breakfast did not offer much variety, and I was surprised at the lack of restaurants nearby. Overall, very good lodging for the price.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Myriam F, Manager at Comfort Suites Houston West Beltway 8, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out an online review about your recent stay with us.

We are glad that you chose to stay with us and greatly appreciate your business. Your feedback is important to us and we will use this information to better our services.

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stayed with my husband and two teenage daughters to attend two concerts (Emblem 3 and the Vamps with 5th Harmony and Austin Mahone.) One concert was at the NRG Arena, the other at an entertainment venue. Our stay was very pleasant.

First, the staff was outstanding, very friendly, and always helpful. Second, the room was very clean and the cleaning staff very good. The hotel is relatively new (I think it has been built in the last year or two) which makes a huge difference. New hotels are just nicer than older ones. Third, the beds were very comfortable, the air blew ice cold, the fridge worked perfectly, and the water got hot enough, most of the things I look for in a hotel room.

I saw complaints on other reviews about traffic and noise, but I did not find that to be an issue. Our room was the first one you see when you get out of the elevator on the second floor, and rarely did we hear anyone in the hallway. Maybe once or twice during the day, when the t.v. and a/c were off, but never at night when we were trying to sleep. I will say I could hear foot steps above us occasionally at night, but once I was asleep it never woke me up. (In fact, my husband's snoring was more distracting than the footsteps.) I also never heard the traffic as some people indicated.

There were a few things I would point out to help someone else who might consider staying here. One, the shower is adjustable. The first day I showered with lower water pressure because I didn't have the shower head adjusted to the correct setting. In my defense, I am really short and couldn't really reach it, just as I can't see out the peepholes, another warning for those under 5'2". So if your water isn't strong enough, adjust the shower head.

Second, the bathroom is extremely well lit, but I would recommend bringing your own makeup mirror for doing your face if you wear makeup. The sink vanity is nice and wide, which is great for storing all my makeup and hair gear (remember, two teenage daughters), but is also disadvantageous if you are trying to see up close to do your hair and makeup.

Finally, the handicapped parking is furthest away from the front door, because of the way the ramp is designed. It did not bother me because my husband dropped me off at the doorway with the girls and parked, but if you have to push someone up the ramp, it might not be the best parking arrangement for you.

Additional amenities include: free wifi, that for the most part worked great on my laptop although was iffy with my girls phones; a pay laundry, which is convenient when you have children; a small workout room with towels; an atm right outside the elevator; microwave, fridge, and single cup coffee maker; free breakfast, which was actually pretty good, with biscuits, eggs, sausage, bacon, and make your own waffles. They also had strawberries, chocolate chips, and whipped cream for the waffles; free coffee in lobby; free cookies on check in; really big flat screen t.v.

All in all I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a great hotel at a great value.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank NolaHolli
Myriam F, Manager at Comfort Suites Houston West Beltway 8, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear NolaHolli,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Suites Westbelt.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your detailed review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

I held a business meeting at the Comfort Suits, we had people coming in from all over the state. Myriam Flores was great to work with and extremely helpful the whole time we were there. The front desk was great, Lupe and David were polite and very helpful. You couldn't ask for better customer service. My company works with public all the time and the staff at the Comfort Suits is a great example of what "Great Customer Service"is all about. I plan on staying there every time I'm in the Houston area.

Room Tip: Make your reservations way in advance because when the word gets out about this Comfort Suits they w...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Myriam F, Manager at Comfort Suites Houston West Beltway 8, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear Mike,

Reviewed July 19, 2014

The hote is situated off the Beltway for easy access and the property looks very nice from the outside. On checking in David at the desk was amazing, he checked me in, gave me some ideas on where to eat (Sushi), and gave me a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie, yum. Upon entering the room I was impressed with the size and layout. It had a small living room with a comfy couch and coffee table. The TV was large and state of the art, and it could be swiveled to be viewed from the living roo or the bed. The single bed was appealing to the eye and very copmfortable. Even though I am not a fan of the new trend to have 4 to 5 small pillows on hotel bed, I splept well every night. The room had a microwave, a refridgerator and a small coffee maker. The bathroom was spacious and the tub/shower was beautiful as well as functional. Climate control was actual;ly a thermostat on the wall which made keeping the room comfortable a easy task. Overall a fantastic hotel, and if you like Asian food is seem to be in the heart of Chinatown.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank David L
Myriam F, Manager at Comfort Suites Houston West Beltway 8, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

David L,

I appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review about your recent stay at Comfort Suites Westbelt. I'm pleased to know that you found our hotel to be fantastic. Please keep us in mind the next time you are in Houston, we'd love to have you!