“Great Indian Buffet”
Review of Rangoli Fine Indian Cuisine - CLOSED

Rangoli Fine Indian Cuisine
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I asked the Indian lady at my bank if she knew of a good Indian buffet as I had not been to a really good one since Minervas on FM 1960 closed. I told her I only went to buffets because I never knew what to order off Indian menus. She gave me a thumbs up on Rangoli Fine Indian Cuisine, just east of FM1960 and Jones. So I headed there for lunch and at 2pm the complete buffet was still plentiful and fresh. To avoid misspelling I will avoid the Indian food names. All the dishes were covered and the red chicken was aromatic, juicy and delicious with mostly thighs. The chicken masala was savory and very tasty along with the braised goat. The rice was fluffy and lightly seasoned, and the nan was soft and fresh. The creamed spinach is always my favorite and it was very tasty. They had another favorite of mine the thin rice pstachio pudding, along with the sweet donut balls which I don't eat. They also had the spicy garbonzo bean dish with which I don't eat either. There were various other meat and vegetable items, including salads and the yogurt dressing, that were all good and completed a nice variety. Minervas used to have candied ground carrots and a delicious pineapple pudding dessert that were missing here, but maybe in the future. The service was attentive and the price very reasonable. I cleaned my loaded plate which is unusual for me at any buffet. I thought he said they were only closed 1 day a week, but I don't remember which one. I will rate this as some of the best Indian food I have had and will be back with my family. Cheers, Ted S.