“THe restrooms and parking”

Hobby Center for the Performing Arts
Ranked #27 of 305 things to do in Houston
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The Hobby Center obviously did not give the restroom design much thought at all. Really, you want almost 2000 people to go down stairs from the orchestra level to take a pee at intermission and come back and be seated all within 15 min. The lines at the restrooms are unbelievably long for men and women. And you had better be able to move fast or you will get trampled by all the folks that have already figured out the restroom locations are a joke. Furthermore the parking garage design is no better either, again if you are not up and out of your seat, running for the door as soon as the show is over you will sit in line in the garage for at least another hour.

3  Thank Malibuca007
There are newer reviews for Hobby Center for the Performing Arts

Reviewed July 14, 2013

First time to Hobby Center i believe. Wicked was good, though my wife scored us tickets in the nose bleed section so we had a hard time keeping up with the action. Pretty steep at the top. I am 6'5" and I could not sit comfortably in my seat as my knees set agains the metal bar in front of us.

1  Thank scottel
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Apparently it's very common for the hobby center to double book seating says the usher. My mom and I had to stand 40 mins watching the show bc people were in our seats bc theirs were double booked. After I yelled for arefund did they make the people get out of our seats. I had no idea theirs had been double booked at that time. I would get there over an hr early to claim my seats next time! I waited after the show to try to get some reimbursement and the manager said as long as u saw 2 hrs of the 2 hr and 45 mins show there's nothing they will do. I didn't pay that much money to stand 40 mins and no be able to consent rate on the show.

2  Thank Jenny27777
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Beautiful, glamorous venue. quality highly entertaining shows. Personable, courteous service from box office, ushers to bar staff.

1  Thank RachelHunt
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have regular tickets to Tuts for decades. Some shows are better than others. The facilities are ver nice. The ushers are helpful. The acoustics are good. This is a great venue for families when the show is appropriate

1  Thank EKWhouston