“Saw Blast”

Hobby Center for the Performing Arts
Ranked #27 of 316 things to do in Houston
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Went here once to see Blast, sat in the extreme nosebleed section, and still felt like I was part of the show. The acoustics are fantastic, and the whole place manages to feel intimate without sacrificing comfortable seating.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Zilkha Hall a comfortable, smaller performance auditorium in Hobby Center. Separate lobby and snack counter. Acoustics good. Attended Ars Lyrica performance of baroque music. Very well performed. Convenient parking.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have had season tickets to Theater Under the Stars at the Hobby Center for many years. They are in the upper balconey and we love them. Not a bad seat in the house! The service is wonderful, the decor is beautiful. And there are enough restrooms to get in and out before the show begins again. I love the attached restaurant The Artista for dinner before the show. Their food is awesome. If you want a wonderful evening out, you have got to find a show and go!!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

It was our first time going to Hobby Theater and I went to see Les Mis on Sunday night. Weeks ago before buying the tickets I looked on their website and seating chart to make sure where I wanted to sit. There is an option to pick a seat and see what view of the stage you'll have. Well, I splurged for Box #1 and was so disappointed. I could only see 70% of the stage and anything that was going on on the left side I completely missed out on. There was a big screen for the background through out the show to help understand the events. I missed that also. Other than that the theater was easy to find and there was parking for a fee everywhere. It was a great show and I will go see more at this venue but lesson learned on Box seats. It seemed like the other box seats people were having the same problem as they were moving around trying to see the other side.

5  Thank keobouasay
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Everytime we attend a performance here, no matter where we were seated, the acoustics and sight lines were just fine. The decor of the Center is lovely with a nice view of downtown Houston featured. We have worked with the staff on several occasions to take groups to a special performance and they were professional and helped us a lot. It is a great place.