“All that and a bag of chips” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Quarters Hotel in Houston

Club Quarters Hotel in Houston
Ranked #56 of 488 Hotels in Houston
Cypress
“All that and a bag of chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Ok not a bag of chips but free peanuts M&M fruits and the best free coffee I have ever tasted! That is what I found at this gem of a hotel in downtown Houston. Clean room and the staff at the desk were friendly and efficient, Imegin and Shelby were too kind. We will be back soon for a fun night in downtown.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Polish first
Mentor on the Lake, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I recently stayed at a Club Quarters for the first time on March 5-7, 3013 in Houston. I was impressed from the start! The location was excellent. I could walk to restaurants, theaters, bars, and the Toyota Center. The MetroRail was just a short walk away so that we could visit the Museum District without driving.

I reserved the small hotel room, but there are larger rooms available if needed. It's perfect for one person, but a little crowded for two. The room was very clean and nicely appointed for a value hotel. The bed was comfortable and the TV was great. The free wireless internet connection was fast, even in the room. I appreciated the free bottled water available and the "Guest Closet". Being able to "help my self" to amenities made me feel right at home.

The lobby was welcoming, with plenty of comfortable chairs and a TV. Computers with a printer was nearby and I was able to make copies of anything that I needed. A nice selection of snacks were always available to guests. The coffee maker provided your choice of coffee, expresso, cappucino, or latte.

I want to specifically compliment Jordan and Magidin at the front desk who always cheerfully answered our questions and went above and beyond to meet our needs during our stay. I also want to thank housekeepers Rosura and Elmma Garcia who did a terrific job with keeping our room clean. All of staff members were very friendly and customer-oriented. The service is the best!

We were so impressed with Club Quarters Houston that we decided to spend another night here later in our trip before leaving Texas. We were welcomed back warmly! I will definitely make Club Quarters my home whenever I travel to Houston in the future. I also look forward to visiting other Club Quarters hotels around the country. I'm a new fan.

Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have two windows and are larger than a standard room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Service was acceptable, building itself was old but rooms were updated and modern. I didn't like the fact they didn't serve or offer breakfast. My BIGGEST complaint was the uncomfortable bed. My girlfriend and I both thought it to be an old mattress which you could feel the springs. When I moved around at night trying to get comfortable I kept waking her up. The hotel did the best they could with what they were given in terms of decorations but more effort should've been put into comfortable beds. I chose this hotel because all the other hotels in downtown Houston were booked.

Room Tip: Avoid room 622. The bed is horrendous.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank WMcCully
Barry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

A great, comfortable hotel with brilliant extra facilties for business travellers - which if only others would follow - free Internet, coffee, snack facilities.
Good location uptown, close to excellent city tram service and museum district, with good local bars/restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights on business. The biggest pros are location, free bottled water, friendly staff. The cons are lousy A/C system (super loud and inconsistently turns off and on) and very rough bed linens (thread count that I would expect from a motel, not a hotel). My room was equipped for persons in wheelchairs, so the bathroom and room were larger than some of the others at CQ from what I gathered from other guests.

I really did like having cold purified water just a short walk down the hall from my room (reusable bottles are provided) and wish more hotels would offer this service. The hotel also had a nice free snack and coffee service in the lobby, which is also a nice place to sit and is connected to a very good restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank bozleesmom
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Good price, great location. I would suggest it for younger travelers, not families. They do have a decent valet service, not included with the room, and the hotel is a block away from two light rail stations.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AlanCaskey
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is really nice and friendly, the rooms are compact but perfectly adequate. We had a standard room and that was still quite small. The shower was walk-in and had good water pressure.

Free coffee in the atrium along with fresh fruit, granola bars etc, was also a really nice touch.

All the staff were very polite and friendly.

Not sold on the location probably best for business travel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple