“New Years Adventure!”

Ranked #58 of 516 Hotels in Houston
The Woodlands, TX
“New Years Adventure!”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We were running behind on booking our room for the New Year’s celebration at the Wortham Theater. Luckily, we found availability at C.Q. We were actually pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness & friendly staff. It is so conveniently located! If you need a place to stay in the theater district or downtown for a night of clubbing this is a great spot. Note- there is ONLY valet parking. Not too terribly expensive. I think less than $20.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank afavuzza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 20, 2012

My sister and I stayed for the first time at the Club Quarters in Houston during the Olympic Marathon time trials and we were so impressed with the service and cleanliness of the hotel. I'm an early morning (4:30am) riser and I hate making coffee in my room. The first morning of my visit I headed down to the lobby and to my surprise Zabre one of the hotel employees that works the night shift met me with a smile and said good morning as he was putting out a fresh new pot of brewed coffee. Every morning of my visit I always had a great first cup of coffee thanks to Zabre and the other hotel staff to start me off in the right mood. I also loved the bottled water in the hallways.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank S S
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Clean, great location, friendly staff, reasonable priced.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JohnnyBDR
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Outstanding! I loved my stay and it was a nice place to stay. I stayed for over 2 months and everyday I was helped by your staff. Alex( Blk Female) and Sory the driver made my stay good.Also it would be nice to have an ATM!
Thanks
Taft Walker
708-268-8502

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Taft W
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I have stayed at the Houston Club Quarters many times (10+) over the past 3 months, I arrive on Monday and check out on Thursday. I love the feel of this hotel - quiet, clean, close to all things downtown. What makes my stay great though, is the service. Magideh and the staff know me, know my routines, and makes the entire stay pleasant. I highly recommend this hotel when you are in Houston.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank McKay J
Timbuktu, Mali
Reviewed November 22, 2011

My wife and I spent five nights at the Club Quarters in Houston. We were looking for an apartment as we will be relocating to the city. All the front desk team at the hotel were very helpful and accomodating, and made it nice to come back to the hotel after a long day of house hunting. Elias Vega was especially helpful. I would look forward to staying there again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank David H
Vancouver
Reviewed November 22, 2011

This is a good hotel to stay in downtown Houston, and can't be beat for price (as far as I could tell.) I would say the room I stayed in was geared towards business travellers, with a very good desk (lots of outlets -- sometimes that gets neglected) and comfortable chair. The bed was very comfortable and everything was clean. The self check-in and check-out procedure (with an ATM like machine) was a little odd to me (I prefer the personal touch), but it goes with their aim to serve the harried business traveller, I suppose. I would definitely stay here again, either on business or if in town for the weekend with my spouse.

A few things to know that might put some people off:
-> The room might have be considered "small" in the US -- It is a medium to large size for a European hotel.
-> The bed was a King sized, but made up of two singles together; another thing you don't see very often in N.America.
-> My room did not have a bathtub (shower only), so if that matters to you, make sure you ask when you reserve.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business