“Excellent service and great rooms”

Hilton Garden Inn Houston Westbelt
Ranked #131 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Highly recommend the HGI on Westbelt. Excellent customer service and rooms are always clean and comfortable. Great central location to anywhere in Houston. In room dining offers a variety of choices or there are restaurant within walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Leslie A

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Stayed here for a week. Overall decent experience. Staff were friendly and responsive when towels/garbage bags were requested (didn't have to wait too long)

Location wise, there are many restaurants within walking distance, as well as a gas station. Breakfast was not included in the room rate, which was not a big issue since I was on business, but it is something to keep in mind if you are self-paying.

The room was nice. Internet worked well, cable TV worked, and the TV (flat panel) had HDMI connections (connect laptop/console to TV easily). I requested a wake up call each day, which worked out fine. Hotel has a fitness center, as well as ample free parking space.

One slight issue - I requested a late checkout for my last day (1pm). On my last day, I had to attend to a medical emergency, and needed to check out later than 1pm. I called the front desk, stating that I needed until about 2:30. The person at the desk said that I would be charged if it was after 1pm. I said that I understood, but this was not the usual circumstance. She again said that I would be charged. Needless to say, I was a bit irritated, and asked to be transferred to the manager (I believe his name was Andrew). I explained my situation, and he said checking out by 3pm would not be a problem. I had hoped that the front desk would have resolved this, but unfortunately this was not the case. Thankfully, the manager was more understanding, and I was able to get everything taken care of by 3pm. Thank you.

Lastly, when I returned home, I called the hotel and asked for a copy of my bill (I misplaced it). I was emailed one within minutes.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank L37STS
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stay at this hotel often. The service is good and the rooms are good, clean, and comfortable. The food is hotel food, but pretty good. Service is great. Behind the hotel is an asian center where you can get just about anything asian to eat. The parking lot has constant security. Easy access to the beltway.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Timbotim
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stayed here two nights while visiting family in Houston. It's right off Beltway 8 in the "Chinatown" area of Houston - a very diverse area. I thought I would get free breakfast at the hotel during this weekend stay from the the way I reserved the room on the website but apparently it isn't valid with a AAA discount. But there was a microwave, mini-fridge and even a Keurig coffee maker in the room - a nice surprise! So I had perfect coffee each morning. A nearby grocery store (with ALL kinds of foods because of so many different ethnic groups there) provided the instant oatmeal, fruit, soft drinks, wine, etc. Because I was with my family during the day, I wasn't able to visit the vast variety of shopping right behind the hotel property - large Asian supermarkets, accupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, restaurants, etc.

The room was very clean. Bed very comfortable and I slept well. Internet worked well. The staff was helpful. I felt safe as a single female during my stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed in this hotel in January and every thing was great 10+. I had an expereince 4 months ago there with the dining that was not so good but that was all corrected and more! I will stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Aliya A, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Westbelt, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Constance,
We were pleased to have you back with us and excited to see that our service was redeemed in your eyes. Thank you for giving us such high rating and sharing it with other travelers.
We look forward to welcoming you back with us soon!
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Traditionally been great place, stayed many times. Last couple of times, had issues with inadequate housekeeping. Rooms clean and comfortable and staff always friendly and nice. Night staff do not correct housekeeping deficiencies if you get back after housekeeping has left.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Aliya A, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Westbelt, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Steven,
Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Houston Westbelt. We are delighted to hear that you choose to stay with us many times, and hope to continue welcoming you back. It is our mission to provide only the best services and we definitely take into account your feedback to improve and perfect our ways. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. Please do not hesitate contacting us should you need any assistance, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was clean, quiet and spacious. The hotel was adjacent to a plaza with tons of restaurants and shops. We didn't have to drive anywhere for food. Overall I was very happy with this hotel, and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Matchlock

Dear Matchlock,
Thank you for staying at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Westbelt. Even though your stay was very brief, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed it and looking forward to coming back. It is our absolute pleasure to see feedback like yours, as we see that our goal in providing great service and accommodations is being reached.
Thank you for your kind works, and we hope to have you and your family back with us soon!
Best Regards,