TripAdvisor
Houston
Post
Inbox
Search

“Vietnamese Craft Beer Bar”
Review of Hughie's

Hughie's
Ranked #196 of 9,536 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed December 23, 2014 via mobile

Hughie's has good Vietnamese staples like Bun, spring rolls, and Banh Mi along with a comprehensive craft beer list on tap. They run decent specials almost every night, and the staff is always very friendly. I've been multiple times both alone and with friends, and I'll certainly go again.

1  Thank Jeno001
Write a reviewReviews (67)

Reviewed September 12, 2014

Ok - let me start by saying it is only going to get 3 stars on my first visit but I will be going back. I enjoyed the ambiance including the overall energy level. They have some outdoor seating but, like so many restaurants in Houston, it is absolutely ruined by the fact they allow smokers out there. The bar is relatively well stocked but they were out of Shiner on tap (almost a crime in Texas). I had a grilled beef vermicelli bowl for lunch and it was pretty good. I look forward to trying the Bahn the next time I go. Good prices. Attentive staff. For a tavern and restaurant I really enjoyed this quaint local find.

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Perfect lunch, cheap and delicious! The ingredients are fresh and the service was nice. I look forward to returning.

Date of visit: May 2014
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I was dubious at first when my friend took me there. Didn't expect much, but this is the best kept secret in Houston. The food is spot on, don't be surprised to see burgers on the menu. I highly recommend the Rice Bowls. Haven't tried the Banh Mi, but heard they were really good. I have been craving this place the last few days. This is a place that you just need to go for yourself to try.

Date of visit: January 2014