“not very professional”

Ranked #216 of 507 Hotels in Houston
Austin
“not very professional”
Reviewed February 23, 2011

I was in town with my girlfriend visiting some friends and this place was very close to their home. The rooms were very clean and seemed very well kept but when you walk into the place, there is a very strong smell of indian food. During our check in, a man came to the front and started screaming at the front desk woman. I don't know if he was a manager or owner but I did not think that was very appropriate nor professional.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JuniorG45

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Del Rio, Texas
Reviewed February 9, 2011

I made reservations online only to find out upon arrival that they had switched my room. I had reseved a King size bed with a jacuzzi only to arrive to a room with double bed with no jacuzzi. The carpet was terrible and it smelled musty inside, underneath the toilet seat was dirty and the towels shed cotton which got all over me. I ended up staying only because it was late and was unfamiliar with the area. They tell me it was mis communication. I find it difficult to be just that since my reservation was printed in black and white and the same thing is in the computer.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Portland, TX
Reviewed January 19, 2009

I just returned from my stay at Best Western Sam Houston Inn & Suites. I have to say from the beginning of my booking experience to check-out it has been extremely smooth. I would like to thank Surrinder, Nelly, Dee, and their cleaning staff for excellent customer service. I booked a block of rooms for my daughter's softball team and the experience has been terrific working with Surrinder, Hotel Manager, and Nelly. The whole team was very impressed with the size of the rooms, softness of the beds, and especially how clean it was! There are shops, malls, and restaurants right down the road, very convenient! I think the location of the hotel is great! My daughter left something rather expensive in the room and we just checked out, getting ready to get into our car, and one of the cleaning ladies waved at us from the room and showed us what she found. I found that honorable and that is something you just don't find in this day and age. For what I paid for my room and the quality of customer service I received, I will definitely return and continue to book my daughter's softball team through this hotel. Thank you Best Western Sam Houston Inn & Suites.

• Liked — Customer service, rooms , cleanliness, location, convienence
  • Disliked — nothing at all
  • Stayed January 2009
3 Thank ShockMom
Austin Tx
Reviewed November 17, 2008

This is a 3+ star hotel. We booked a room after seeing the large chandelier in the lobby and were impressed with the tasteful decoration of the hotel - the bold and rich feel to the lobby which extended into the rooms.

Everything was done without cutting corners - the showerheads gushed water like a Texas summer storm. The walls of the tub were marble. TV, double beds, desk etc. You can see the pictures for yourself. Everything was clean and classy and the price was moderate. The front desk staff were polite and friendly. We did not get up in time for breakfast so I cannot rate it, but it was offered.

Several negatives:
Wireless internet was too slow to be practical. The bathroom smelled faintly of PineSol cleaning product.

• Liked — rich decor
  • Disliked — it's not close to town. but is close to the horsetrack and greenspoint? mall
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank AdamD_TravellinTexan
Groveton, Texas
Reviewed November 3, 2008

IT is not the Ritz, but if you are looking for good quality and friendly people, this is it. Excellent location. Convienence store nearby as is a Jack in the Box. Good value for the buck. Comfortable rooms. Great service. Would stay here again.

• Liked — Friendly service attitude
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business