Best Western Plus Sam Houston Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsprovided excellent customer servicelong stayroom was cleandecent breakfastcoffee makerstay there againhotel is locatednice hotelthe hotel staffbeltwayparamlobbycomfortconvenienceacconsbedding
FilterAll languages
A Best Western traveler
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed June 19, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, but not consecutively, the room was clean and efficient. It had a fridge and microwave. I checked in at 5 am one morning and the front desk clerk was waiting for me. That was excellent service. We were tired and didn't have to go through a long check in process.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed here when all other BW's were sold out. Not a bad place to stay, here are my personal thoughts on this hotel.

PROS: The staff is friendly, the hotel is very quiet. The bed seemed to be very comfortable, and over seemed to be a safe place to stay.

CONS: Well, for starters, they had construction, so the recreation room was closed. For this 40+ year old having a place to workout is nice. I know, they are trying to improve things, but they should have mentioned this on their website.

Breakfast, well, it is frozen food being reheated, it just didn't seem to be fresh. I suppose it was okay if you are hungry, but let's just say, I did not see very many people sticking around.

Security, being in Houston can sometimes be a roll of the dice. I always feel a bit more comfortable knowing there is security, especially when I am getting in between 1:00-3:00am in the morning. Please do not consider me to be judgmental or over-critical, but the hotel has an elderly family member sitting in a chair in the parking lot for security. I was a bit concerned, just for the gentleman's overall safety, besides my own. I know businesses are feeling the economical pinch, but I am not sure if this traveler can support this decision.

OVERALL: It is a decent place to stay,right off the beltway.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Jimmy S
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel was recommended by a colleague and is frequently used by my employer. I was traveling alone for a quick 1 day business trip. My 1st impression of the location was a bit weary; it was in a commercial area and gated. But when I walked in the lobby I immediately smelled a fresh clean smell that was so pleasant. The front desk staff was very friendly and courteous. I had no issues checking in/out. My room was just as clean and comfy. However, in the evening I was little bothered by a large group of male guest (contract workers) that were in and out of their rooms, hanging out in the hallways and parking lots. If I were traveling alone on business again I would not feel as comfortable staying there. But if I were accompanied by my spouse I would have no problem staying there again. At check out the housekeeping staff was cleaning rooms and I could smell the fresh smell again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2012

First of all, if you google the address - it will send you to the wrong place. It's actually about 2.4 miles from where navigation took me. Exit Windfern/Fallbrook off Beltway 8 to get there. The breakfast area is very small. The pool area is decent. The rooms are refurbished with new furniture, but still have an older smell and feel to them. The toilet stopped up for really no reason (if you know what I mean) and we couldn't get anyone to fix it. Overall it was clean, the people were very nice, and the location was convenient.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business