“You can do worse...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #229 of 501 Hotels in Houston
San Antonio, Texas, USA
“You can do worse...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

First of all, if you google the address - it will send you to the wrong place. It's actually about 2.4 miles from where navigation took me. Exit Windfern/Fallbrook off Beltway 8 to get there. The breakfast area is very small. The pool area is decent. The rooms are refurbished with new furniture, but still have an older smell and feel to them. The toilet stopped up for really no reason (if you know what I mean) and we couldn't get anyone to fix it. Overall it was clean, the people were very nice, and the location was convenient.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Groveton, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stayed here again this year and I got a little preturbed at a small thing at check out. They charged us $1.50 a day for the safe...we didn't use the safe and to me that is a small rip off. Small but a rip off just the same. Probally will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Austin TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the facility was very clean. We were very pleased with our room. We plan to go back again soon.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want. They were very accomodating. We changed our plans twice and all went w...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

I usually always stay here not so much because of the hotel but because of their hospitality. Nelli was always very friendly and helpful. It was disappointing to find out she is no longer there.
The hotel itself is okay. Their breakfast could be better. Although, they are a very clean facility.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Fanncee
Austin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2011

I was in town with my girlfriend visiting some friends and this place was very close to their home. The rooms were very clean and seemed very well kept but when you walk into the place, there is a very strong smell of indian food. During our check in, a man came to the front and started screaming at the front desk woman. I don't know if he was a manager or owner but I did not think that was very appropriate nor professional.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JuniorG45
Del Rio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2011

I made reservations online only to find out upon arrival that they had switched my room. I had reseved a King size bed with a jacuzzi only to arrive to a room with double bed with no jacuzzi. The carpet was terrible and it smelled musty inside, underneath the toilet seat was dirty and the towels shed cotton which got all over me. I ended up staying only because it was late and was unfamiliar with the area. They tell me it was mis communication. I find it difficult to be just that since my reservation was printed in black and white and the same thing is in the computer.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Portland, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2009

I just returned from my stay at Best Western Sam Houston Inn & Suites. I have to say from the beginning of my booking experience to check-out it has been extremely smooth. I would like to thank Surrinder, Nelly, Dee, and their cleaning staff for excellent customer service. I booked a block of rooms for my daughter's softball team and the experience has been terrific working with Surrinder, Hotel Manager, and Nelly. The whole team was very impressed with the size of the rooms, softness of the beds, and especially how clean it was! There are shops, malls, and restaurants right down the road, very convenient! I think the location of the hotel is great! My daughter left something rather expensive in the room and we just checked out, getting ready to get into our car, and one of the cleaning ladies waved at us from the room and showed us what she found. I found that honorable and that is something you just don't find in this day and age. For what I paid for my room and the quality of customer service I received, I will definitely return and continue to book my daughter's softball team through this hotel. Thank you Best Western Sam Houston Inn & Suites.

• Liked — Customer service, rooms , cleanliness, location, convienence
  • Disliked — nothing at all
  • Stayed January 2009
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank ShockMom