“Great Great Seafood”

Goode Co. Seafood - Katy Freeway
Reserve with OpenTable
Goode Co. Seafood - Katy Freeway is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 8,434 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Frostwood-1 block before Gessner on I-10 feeder
Description: One of five children, Jim Goode was born and raised along the Texas Gulf Coast. His father was a shift worker at a nearby refinery and his mother spent her time taking care of things at home. Most weekends, you could find the whole family at the local area beaches where the kids spent their time fishing, crabbing and playing in the surf. Jim loves this way of life and he especially loves the food. So in an effort to combine his fondness for the roadside diners that dot the Texas and Louisiana coastline with his love for the region's seafood, Jim began to explore how he could translate his passions into a dining experience that would ultimately bear the family name. In 1986, he located a passenger train car that looked like it would fit the bill. He negotiated its purchase and moved it to its current location on Westpark. A few months later, Goode Company Seafood was born.The concept was to grill fresh seafood over mesquite, or fry it in refined oil with a thin batter. So, while you'll find signature dishes like campechanas, seafood gumbo and whole stuffed flounder on the menu, you won't find sauces or heavy layers of breading to mask the flavor of the fish. And if something isn't in season, you won't find it on the menu.
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We went on Christmas Eve and the place was very busy. That did not prevent us from having GREAT seafood and GREAT service.

The raw oysters were wonderful and very fresh and the garlic bread was great with it.

I had the stuffed whole flounder and it was huge and delicious. It is probably big enough to share if you aren't that hungry. I finished mine!

My wife had one of the specials and reported it to be excellent.

You can't miss it when the serve the campechana, you can see them from across the room. Many seemed to have them as their main course they are so big. If you have never been to Goode Company before, be sure to at least split it with someone if you think it would be too much.

Our server was friendly and efficient despite the holiday crowd.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

This is a buzzing and atmospheric venue - now visited twice. Efficient and not overbearing service, and a great choice of seafood.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Since we come from up north the main attraction is the fresh oysters which are unavailable back home and always large and sweet here. Over the years the price keeps going up, but hasn't everything. The campechanans extra is always good (a large shrimp and crab cocktail ) ; the gumbo is also. The fried seafood is fine but it is always the fresh seafood that attracts us flatlanders.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

The service is top-shelf from entrance to exit. It doesn't get any better. My family and I had a nice visit and overall enjoyed our stay. I started with an appetizer of "Shrimp Creole Pie" and loved it...spicy and very tasty! My main course was a bowl of "Shrimp Gumbo", which I found to be surprisingly average. Not very spicy, but bland. It wasn't bad, but the roux or gravy tasted like it was once frozen and thawed, not fresh. For the price and quality of restaurant, this shouldn't be. I didn't make a big deal because it wasn't bad, just not the overwhelming deliciousness I have come to expect from the Goode name. I may return and NOT order the gumbo.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We have eaten here for years but moved inside the Loop and haven't been here for awhile. Went there to meet someone from the Westside halfway. Sat on patio, just beautiful and service didn't suffer. Actually really good service. But the best thing is that when we booked a reservation on Open Table we specified that my husband who has celiac disease needs to eat gluten-free. When we arrived at our table they had a gluten-free menu ready for him. He ordered a whole flounder in the manner it was advised on his menu. Someone from the kitchen came out and asked him if he would like some garlic and olive oil and herbs on it. Also - since he ordered steamed asparagus instead of grilled, would he like some butter and parmesan on that. We have never had this happen, I don't think anywhere. Food was cooked beautifully and not boring. As for the other two of us, Mine was great and I offered some of my crab campechana to the others since it was so large. They took me up on it. Our daughter's fiance had the etoufee and he said it was exceptionally good and he's a Lake Charles boy.