“Great Christmas Party”

Goode Co. Seafood - Katy Freeway
Reserve with OpenTable
Goode Co. Seafood - Katy Freeway is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 8,378 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Frostwood-1 block before Gessner on I-10 feeder
Description: One of five children, Jim Goode was born and raised along the Texas Gulf Coast. His father was a shift worker at a nearby refinery and his mother spent her time taking care of things at home. Most weekends, you could find the whole family at the local area beaches where the kids spent their time fishing, crabbing and playing in the surf. Jim loves this way of life and he especially loves the food. So in an effort to combine his fondness for the roadside diners that dot the Texas and Louisiana coastline with his love for the region's seafood, Jim began to explore how he could translate his passions into a dining experience that would ultimately bear the family name. In 1986, he located a passenger train car that looked like it would fit the bill. He negotiated its purchase and moved it to its current location on Westpark. A few months later, Goode Company Seafood was born.The concept was to grill fresh seafood over mesquite, or fry it in refined oil with a thin batter. So, while you'll find signature dishes like campechanas, seafood gumbo and whole stuffed flounder on the menu, you won't find sauces or heavy layers of breading to mask the flavor of the fish. And if something isn't in season, you won't find it on the menu.
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We had a Christmas party. The pricing was decent, service was excellent. They easily handled a crowd of 75 people and everyone was pleased.

1  Thank bryan240

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I went here for lunch with my parents on a cool Texan day. The outside is like pretty much any other joint in this city: a concrete block. As soon as you step inside you are thrown to the lobby/bar of a Caribbean hotel, with lots of wood and lots of pretty pics of fish and fishermen. There is also a giant propeller which was found in the Houston port in the 60s. There is a wait if you want to sit at a normal table. If you want to skip the queue, just opt to sit at the high bar style tables on the right. The food is the same! We had fried green tomatoes and shirmp gumbo as an appetizer and both were tasty.We then all had a round of the fried shrimp platter. It was fresh, crunchy and the fries were quite nice, cooked with the skin on. The atmosphere was quite bubbly and there were people of all ages. A good spot for lunch or dinner if you like fish!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were taken by a friend who ordered a campechacha as an appetizer. I could have just had that and been in heaven. I ordered a crab salad and got what must have been $20 Worth of the sweetest, freshest hand picked crab. My friend ordered pecan pie for dessert. I didn't like pecan pie. Well folks, now I'm jonesn' to go back to Houston and eat at Goode's.

Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

We had visited several seafood restaurants in the preceding two weeks, so we had plenty to compare it to.
The decor was nicer than the strip mall type of facad revealed. We were seated at a nice table near the window.
That was the good part of our visit. The waitress told us what the special was and my husband choose it. She had said it was the Redfish Atchfalaya. I got the grilled shrimp. We had just had the same exact choice in College Station. The waitress said the special was 26 bucks. The shrimp was more in the 20 dollar range. When the food arrived, it was not pleasing at all. The shrimp were small and limp. They seemed more of a sauté than grilled. The Redfish was no better. The portion was smaller, but the bland flavor was really disappointing.
They did bring a complimentary sample of a seafood salad that may have been new to the menu. We shared a bite of it and it wasn't bad...just bland.
The check came and they had charged 32.95 for the Redfish! The place was noisy for the number of people there. It was early and full of hoverounds. The acoustics seemed bad. I don't think the people were making that much noise.
We knew before we left that as nice as the wait staff and manager had been during our visit, we would not be back. There are too many great restaurants in Houston to go back to Goode Seafood which was not good at all.

Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

I've eaten here several times and have never been dissatisfied.

I am not a huge fan of Goode company BBQ but this place really brings it!

Their gumbo is amazing! I love the Ceviche too!