“Great food... a bit pricey.”

Cafe Express Museum of Fine Arts
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: The Museum District
Pasadena, Texas
“Great food... a bit pricey.”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Great food... a bit pricey. At least it's a good restaurant. Unfortunately the Museum of Natural Science only has a McDonalds.

Visited September 2011

Friendswood, Texas
“Almost Cafe Express”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

It was a lot better than I expected in the museum they were just a little too proud of their food. A touch on the expensive and pretentious side. Nice outdoor area and reasonable hours. I think they do specials sometimes.

tampa
“what a GEM”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We were trying to get a lunch in before a flight home. What a surprise! AMAZING food and great selection plus a BAR! you could leave a significant other in there to watch a football game while you browse REALLY great art, if they are not into art. and did I mention the food was really good. great selection and well displayed. The best money spent in a while for food value.

• Visited November 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
“the food taste good”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

good spot to eat on the budget when you are visiting the museum.

Visited November 2011
LA
“Quite good–avoid the salads”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We had lunch here during our visit to the museum. The Southwest chicken was quite good as was the turkey combo. Unfortunately the salad was inedible because many pieces were spoiled. They did request feedback and I informed them of that fact, but have not heard anything back from them. I probably could have returned the salad to them and either gotten a refund or a new one–everyone was friendly and cooperative, but I was in a relaxing mode and didn't feel like getting up and asking. I recognize how difficult it is to keep salad fresh, but how they could serve that to their customers, I'm not quite sure. The rest of the food seemed quite nice and I probably would return if I was visiting the museum–I would just never order any salads from them again.

Visited October 2011