“Maybe hopes were too high.”

Texas Land & Cattle Steakhouse
Ranked #2,036 of 8,142 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lebanon, OH
“Maybe hopes were too high.”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I could not wait to try the smoked sirloin. It was okay and not very tender. I hold all chain steaks to the Texas Roadhouse sirloin. It is still the king. Service was great but it was almost empty. Overall good meal, just expected more.

• Visited October 2012

Friendswood, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This Place ROCKS!!!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have eaten at just about every single steak house in the Clear Lake area and this is hands down my favorite. Recently I ordered the "black and blue" combo which is a blackened steak with crumbled blue cheese on it. When my steak came, my waitress asked us me to cut into to it to make sure it was cooked to my liking. When it looked a little more well cooked than I had asked for, she immediately took it back and instead brought me a filet mignon (to make up for the error), cooked to perfection and it literally melted in my mouth.

And the best part is the pricing. You can afford to feed two for about the same price it would cost you for one person at most of the other steak houses and if you get on their mailing list, they will frequently send you discount coupons that add even more value to your visit.

I love this place!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank scarletflame
Houston, Texas
“Food nice, service hit and miss”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Menu has changed recently so did not have my favourite combo. However do love the ribs although probably best to get them on a Friday as can seem a bit stale on a Saturday night. Service can be hit or miss depending on who you get but overall a very nice place to go for a meal.

Visited October 2012
Houston, Texas
“Gone downhill”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We have eaten here several times and always had very good food. We ate here a week ago, and were disappointed. The Margaritas were not as good as usual. I always order the spicy Caesar salad, which this time was not spicy, but tasted like a regular Caesar. The loaded baked potato was not. There was so little butter and sour cream that we asked for extra. The steaks were slightly overcooked but it wasn't worth sending them back. I'm not sure we will return.

• Visited October 2012
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Quality product spoilt by inexperienced staff”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The reception was muted when they realized that there was only one in the party who wanted to sit at a table and not be ushered into the bar.

The meat was exceptional, prepared as requested, but the staff showed a little insecurity with lack of knowledge of the product. When asked how long the meat had been aged for the reply was it was corn-fed cattle - not old cattle! As a diebetic I drink Diet Coke, which through the rotation of different waiting staff became full sugar coke at a top up. When asked for a change they returned the same product. This is not acceptable.

The room itself was smoky from the log fire burning in the stone built fireplace.

• Visited September 2012