β€œAlways excellent and friendly.”
Review of Redfish Seafood

Redfish Seafood
Ranked #402 of 8,396 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Unassuming exterior and downstairs. Sit upstairs. These owners have a staff that cares. Owners are so friendly. Obviously it's expected of those that work there. The presentation of all thier dishes is quite beautiful. Looks like something you'd expect to see at the River Oaks area restaurants. See alot of the same people there every time we go. You can count on a really good meal at Redfish.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We go to this restaurant whenever we are in the area. Ive always felt like the staff could be more friendly. They are smiling and polite but somehow it feels insincere. Their entrance door always trips me One is locked and the other open when you turn the handle a certain way. This time when I went i tried to open it several times and couldn't. I thought the restaurant might be closed, After checking the timing i put force on the door and finally managed to opened it and realized the hostess along with 2 other servers were standing just inside the door just looking at my efforts! seriously??? you cant move and open the door for me?
We ordered tempura shrimp which are the best appetizer at this place. Main course was mahi mahi and sea bass. I barely managed to get home after eating the sea bass and was in and out of the bathroom for the whole night.
Our server girl was constantly seemed to be rushing us. Trying to clear the plates that we were eating from! like fork in the hand eating she asked "can I clear that out for you?" she constantly had this foreboding look on her face like she has had enough!
FYI Just giving me a broad smile when you hand me the check saying "you all have a wonderful night" is not going to help with the tip!
I don't think I would go back. If I am spending 70$ on meal for 2. I want to sit as long as I want , feel welcome, perhaps open the door for a lady if its tripping her and not get sick after the meal.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Dh and I have been coming here for so long I can't remember when our Redfish adventures actually began. We never miss a week, and there are some weeks we even make an excuse to go twice! We've celebrated many family birthdays, hosted book club meetings, and always - ALWAYS - bring our out of town guests. No one ever leaves hungry or disappointed. Their sashimi is the freshest. Their rolls are delicious and such a good value! So many unique and tasty fish entrees to choose from! The grankids love the fried shrimp, and EVERYONE loves the tempura shrimp appetizer. Rolita is always so wonderful, we feel like we're part of the family. We've been to both locations (249 near Tomball/Spring and 290 in Cypress) and each has its own special atomosphere. David is a creative and excellent chef! We love the food, we love the staff! WE LOVE REDFISH!!!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I recently ate at Red Fish Grill with about 20 colleagues for a team dinner. The decor is deliberately "folksy" and gives the place an unsophisticated charm, but the food is the real star here. We ordered a bunch of appetizer plates between all of us, including several sushi plates. As a group we also mostly ordered seafood entrees as well, so I can't comment too much on the non-seafood menu. But the impression of the sushi and seafood dishes across the board was enthusiastically positive. The surf and turf sushi was the hit of the night, and several people who ordered more traditional sushi commented on the freshness and tastiness of the dishes. The sauces (like the martini sauce) were creative and delicious as well.

The service was a bit uneven, but that is not unexpected with such a large group. The location is not great if you're downtown, but is convenient if you're anywhere near Highway 249 and north Houston. The prices overall were very reasonable for the portions and the the quality of the food.

I will definitely try to visit Red Fish again on my next trip to Houston.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Redfish is one of my favorite sushi roll spots. The Firecracker roll, topped with spicy tuna, is outstanding! Also, the firecracker and hot chic rolls are very good. The food quality is consistent, the service is usuall quite good and the prices are excellent compared to similar restaurants.