“Really authentic -- not TexMex”
Review of Maria Selma Authentic Mexican - CLOSED

Maria Selma Authentic Mexican
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Reviewed June 14, 2013

What a wonderful evening we had here! We sat outside on the patio which is covered with a thatched roof and has attractive lanterns for light. It looked just like restaurants we've been to in Mexico. We ordered tacos -- beef and chicken. Delicious! The tortilla was very thin and delicate -- I liked it a lot that way. If you want guacamole, crema and other toppings, you pay extra, although the price wasn't high. We also ordered chicken enchiladas with mole sauce and this is the first time I ever liked mole sauce! Yum! Service was excellent. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had the family in for the Christmas holidays and wanted to enjoy mex food on Dec. 26th. I made reservations for 12 and when we arrived they were ready and waiting for us. Everyone loved their food (and great Margs!) while we laughed and spent time together. I am so glad I chose this place. We drove across town in multiple cars and it was worth the drive.

Several of us ordered the enchiladas suizas -- they were excellent!!! Thank you Maria Selma!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We had a great party with almost 60 people and were pleased with the service and food quality. The only complaint was that the outdoor area was not heated properly-one of the heaters was not functioning and people were getting cold.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I didn't know what a real enchilada tasted like until I visited Maria Selma. Fantasticall delicate corn tortillas and cotija cheese, tender chicken, great guacamole! Solid margaritas as well. MMMM!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Trying to be slightly upscale Mexican Food. Failing miserably. If you don't have a grasp on the basics of the cuisine, don't try to elaborate on them. Not worth a visit.