“Fairly good place to watch Westheimer "life"”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The patio is good--better if you use the hubbly bubblies that are available. We always share the huge sampler--ingredients always fresh.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Two of us went in for an early dinner and were the only customers. It was about 5:00 p.m. Only one waitress was on duty, and she was sans personality! I ordered a salad that came in large or small, and with a choice of meats. I ordered it and first, she brought me the size she wanted to bring me, since I had forgotten there was a choice and she offered me none, and the meat, any meat, was absent. When I asked her about the meat and chose the chicken, which I remind you was one of the three included in the price, she brought a small plate of tiny chunks of chicken that were dry as paper and totally without taste. My salad was good enough, with lettuce and cucumber, and so was the dressing they used (no choice here), but my meal was ruined. My friend ordered the appetizer platter and enjoyed it, although part of it was dry, too.

The good thing is that the female owner was sitting within earshot and graciously took the chicken part of the meal off our charges. The waitress then also messed up our dessert order. She was really awful, I cannot imagine why she would have been hired. Their patio area, though right on a busy street, did look interesting. When we left, there was only one more customer in the whole place. I won't be going back.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

There are hubbly-bubbly (hookas) availabe on patio while you munch on hummus and pita and great view of Westheimer

Reviewed May 25, 2012

We enjoy this restaurant every year on our annual trip to the Montrose area of Houston. The Chef's Platter includes a great selection of Mediterranean dishes that is the perfect meal for two. The patio is a nice place to enjoy the street scene, and several patrons are usually enjoying hookahs. It certainly isn't a fancy dining experience, but it offers good food at a good price.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a quick bite on a Thursday evening and we happened upon La Fendee Mediterranean Grill. The Mediterranean Grill part caught our eye so we stopped in. We were promptly seated and my wife spotted the lamb on the menu and ordered it while I ordered the chicken. The waitress checked with the cook and he told her it would be about 20 minutes for the lamb so we sat and talked over our salads while we waited. The decor is very plain and functional including a bar section and an outdoor patio which seems a waste for Houston, until we saw a hookah being carried out to a couple on the patio. That gave us more to talk about until our food was brought out at almost exactly 20 minutes. My wife still talks about that lamb to this day. The hummus was creamy and spiced just right and my chicken was shaved into thin curls and served with a heap of french fries that were just perfect. We were just finishing eating when the waitress waved goodnight to us as she went to the parking lot. We spoke briefly to the manager trying to apologize for keeping them late. We had no idea that we had kept them late with our order but at no time were we rushed or made to feel anything but welcome. It would have been easy to just tell us it was too late to order the lamb, but instead they took their time to perfectly prepare and serve our meal. I really can't say enough how much we appreciate that kind of dedication and care for a casual walk in couple.