“Bad Food at Goodson's”

Good for: Families with children
Sammamish, Washington
“Bad Food at Goodson's”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Goodson's Cafe was a disaster for a party of 15. All vegetables were overcooked and had no flavor. The Chicken Fried steak, the landmark item was 85% fried and 15% meat.. How about some unfried meat and crisp vegetables? Highlite was great drinks

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Art T

“Southern Fried Homestyle Cooking”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Ate here with two other families after soccer game. Did drive out of our way to eat here. I grew up on this type of food and not available really in San Antonio. The appetizers were great. Fried Mushrooms were gigantic and onion rings were good. Chicken Fried Steak was tender and I loved all the extrs batter. Note, Gravy is served family style with rolls. Rolls were great. Gravy could be better. Not bad once I seasoned it. I grew up on homemade gravy so I am pretty hard to please. I had side order of sweet potatoe fries which was a full basket. They were delicious. My favorite side happened to be the baked squash. Also, I tried the Banana Pudding. It was okay. I was just happy to be somewhere that served it. The chocolate pie looked delicious. Several players ordered hamburgers. They were huge. Know that the small order of chicken fried steak is large! Overall, I loved eating here. Only complaint, I ate til I was sick!

1 Thank ACMilanmom
Kilgore, Texas
“Oh my goodness good....”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Went to eat with a group of about 20 and were accommodated within a few minutes. Waitress was great. Kept our drinks and rolls coming...Food was ordered and served in a timely manner and food was great. Lots of fried food but you can ask for it grilled or baked and they are happy to cook it for you like you want. If in the area would gladly eat here again....

1 Thank sunni014
Texas
“Tasty Country Eating”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I do not go to Tomball, Tx but when I do I have not many options since all there is around there is Mexican food. After hearing about Goodson’s Café being a top must have in Tomball the foodie in me said I had to see what the fuss was all about.

The atmosphere is very cozy and definitely country feeling. A lot of regulars and there is a long line wait. This is a clear sign of a real good restaurant. The food plates are pretty big and can be shared. The kid’s plate is a pretty nice size as well.

Overall I enjoyed the food and next time I hear I must try the chicken fried steak.

1 Thank Leslie_LWS
Houston, TX.
“Really good homestyle food here”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I always love coming here. I went in March of 2013 for lunch one day. I had the smothered chicken. I loved it. It was a grilled chicken breast with mushrooms and monterry jack cheese, and two sides. I had the okra, and rice. You will get a roll with your meal as well. The roll should be in a food group all its own, its pretty awesome. If you like Chicken Fried steak, this place is great for that too. The Chicken Fried Steak falls off the plate it is sooo big!

Visited March 2013