“May favorite Houston restaurant!”

Emporio Brazilian Cafe
Ranked #779 of 8,507 Restaurants in Houston
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Love this restaurant!! Be sure to try the stroganoff and the feijoada! Always delicious, good atmosphere.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

My favorite dish here is the tropical chicken. I crave it and often drive 30 minutes to eat there alone if I can't stand it anymore. The chicken is grilled very tender and covered with pineapple and onion. It is served with very delicious black beans. I ask them to skip the rice and substitute collards (yep. Collards. Trust me on this one) and mixed vegetables. If I'm really hungry I get a side if fried yucca. I've tried other dishes there and been less impressed. Oh except the feijoda, which is a black bean dish with all kinds of meat in it. Yummy and very filling. On certain nights the open up the dance floor for tango night. Argentine tango, which is not what we learned at Fred Astaire.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We ate with a large group of friends and they handled the load very efficiently. The waiters were enthusiastic and very prompt. The decor is somewhat modern and very clean cut. We liked it. The main drawback was that the food was only average and did not appear to me to be very much different than an "American" restaurant. I had meat which in a Mexican restaurant would be used for fajitas. It was served with rice and a vegetable. The seasonings and presentation were not unique or special. I expected more of a difference. Without that expection, I would have rated the place as above average. The food was all right but not special enough for me..

Reviewed November 5, 2008

Our family has eaten in this location dozen of times with the most excellent and congenial waitstaff, menu, food prep time. The variety of Brazilian plates, so very well prepared by a genuine brasileiro, are some of the best we have eaten either in Brazil or here in the U.S. I recommend the strogonoff, the breast of chicken in tomato sauce smothered with cheeses, plus the feijoada plate is delectable and most ample. The salmon is excellent which I have ordered several times. My favorite is their grilled vegetables. I could go on and on, and I trust and hope anyone reading this will give them a fair shot. The dining areas are being expanded and improved. If you enjoy soccer (futebol) you will enjoy the broadcasts from Brazil of some of their very best teams. On weekends you will be entertained by a live guitarist playing popular Brazilian tunes.
Have a great visit to the Emporio! Call me if you care to know more, Richard at 281-935-1672

Reviewed November 1, 2008

I have never eaten Brazilian food before. As i entered, the place it was horrible to look at, the host was sitting on a chair rather than behind the host stand, the food was mediocre at best, the waiters were terrible. They ate in the same dining area and were rude and impatient. I certainly would never recommend this place to anyone!

1  Thank knight2979