“Good Hotel in Good Location”

Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Westchase
Ranked #131 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Westchase last week. There was some renovation work being done while we were there and the hotel was almost empty. The renovation work did not interfere with our stay at all - we never heard any construction noises, all entrances and exits were clear and usable, views were unobstructed, and parking was sufficient. The hotel itself is solid in all areas. The front desk was friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean. The best thing about this hotel is the location. While not in downtown, it is in a nice area of town with an abundance of dining and shopping options. It is located on the frontage road for the Sam Houston Tollway and just south of the I-10 and the Westpark Tollway which makes getting to other parts of town relatively quick (getting anywhere in Houston is never quick). We found the drives to the Galleria, Reliant Stadium, and our favorite restaurants to be short and simple. Overall, it's a good hotel and I would recommend staying here over paying the premium to stay in downtown.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Christopher S

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Staff was very nice & pleasant during my 2 night stay. Desk staff (Luis?) was very helpful when I requested an early check in due to my customer's schedule change. He requested my room to be cleaned quickly, allowing me to freshen up after my flight and before my first meeting of the trip. I appreciated that very much! Very clean hotel, room and comfortable bed. Fitness center was nice and I liked the ability to control the temperature to stay cool. Overall, a very nice Hampton Inn and close to many restaurants. I will definitely stay again on future visits. Jan from Franklin, TN.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jan F
Luis L, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Before anything, thank you for taking the time and filling out this review, here at Hampton Inn & Suites West chase try our best to accommodate our guests the best way possible.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Hampton Inn Westchase was very clean and friendly atmosphere. I would recommend to anyone else visting Houston,Tx. We had family stay at other hotels in the area and by far, Hampton Inns and suites Westchase was better.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marina L
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had been travelling the US for four weeks before staying at this Hampton Suite and have to say this was the only one where the pool access security was not functioning, the spa was not working and it was necessary to move rooms twice. For my purposes the location suited my needs, parking and access to the freeway were excellent however it was necessary to drive every where. There were no places to buy meals close by. Breakfast was standard so one knows what to expect.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2013

As a Hilton Honors Diamond Member I stay at a Hilton property 60+ nights a year, often at Embassy Suites for personal trips and Hampton Inns for business.

There were just so many things wrong with this Hampton:

1. It started with check in on Friday around 3p and being told the room was not ready yet, being asked for two forms of ID, even though all my information is in the system, and then sitting in the lobby for 30-45 minutes waiting for a room.
2. Maybe it was the fact that when I went down for breakfast in the mornings at around 7:30a there was practically no food left, every day. I stupidly stopped by all 6 mornings and ended up going to the quick mart next door to buy breakfast 4 mornings.
3. Being woken up at 8a on Sunday morning by housekeeping, asking them to return in an hour so I could vacate the room, and then returning to my uncleaned room at 4p.
4. A Hotel 3rd floor hallway that had to be 90 degrees all the time.
5. Or it could have been that the garbage can in the room down the hall with the ice machine that was full Friday night with pizza and beer boxes stacked on the floor around it. It was still there and now stinking by the following Tuesday, even after I notified the front desk on Sunday morning. Finally gone on Wednesday evening.

On a positive note; at least my room was clean, the staff was friendly, the internet was reliable, and parking was easy as I never saw more than 15 cars in the parking lot at any time.

There is a Hilton Garden Inn right around the corner. I would recommend you stay there instead. That's were I'll be next time I am in this area of Houston.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Robin C
Luis L, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay here and we are very sorry that you ran into problems during your stay. We have fixed the service issues and have addressed the other issues with our housekeepers. We hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again so we can have another chance at showing you what our warm Hamptonality is all about.

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This place is horrible for business or leisure travelers. First, the housekeeping staff walks in the room at 8am without knocking and demands that she needs to clean the room. This is hysterical!! The breakfast staff is eating in the lobby with the guests and not in uniform or a name tag. Very unprofessional. The F/D staff is nice, but she didn't comply to our requests knowing the hotel was not busy. I'm sorry this is not a typical Hampton Inn, please find somewhere else to stay. They are not following Hilton family standards.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Friendly, VERY helpful staff. Clean rooms with efficient housekeeping. Breakfasts were good. 24-hour coffee/tea set up in lobby was very nice. Staff helped with directions, restaurant recommendations, and general questions. They were always attentive and eager to help.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business