“A Happy Accident”

Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: University Place
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stumbled across Hungry's looking for just about anything that was open. It has a vintage vibe to it, healthy choices and comfort food. Everything we ordered we raved about. Finding this place was a happy accident we'd do again. Prices were reasonable and portions were large.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

A co-worker and I visited Hungry's on the recommendation of another co-worker and we were delightfully surprised.

I had chicken fajitas and my co-worker had the salmon. Both were really good. The service was just ok but we would both visit again for a meal.

Bottom line: I wouldn't seek out the restaurant again but if I'm in the neighborhood and hungry - I just might eat again at Hungry's.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

The food at this restaurant is always reliable. The drinks are good and the food is awesome. We eat here every time we come to Houston.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

Hungry's is ideally located in Rice Village, but their food leaves a bit to be desired. I've eaten in and ordered take-out many times, and always feel I could be doing better.

Reviewed August 14, 2010

We used to eat at this restaurant frequently, as it is in the neighborhood and had good food with good value. However, recently we experienced very poor service, and I doubt I'll eat there again for a long time.

When we arrived, the restaurant was not busy, but we did not get water for several minutes. I ordered fajitas, but a fajita salad arrived. Well, "stuff happens," but a) there was no apology, b) the replacement meal took so long that everyone else at my table had finished their meals, and c) the waiter told us that the manager wouldn't comp the meal (though when we asked for the manager he did do so).

When I finally got my meal, the waiter slid it in front of me and basically ran. Never once did he say he was sorry, which would have gone a long way with me. He seemed to act like it was my fault that the order got messed up.

There are numerous other restaurants in this neighborhood that offer good service, good food, and reasonable prices. Hungry's needs to understand that we have a choice.