“Ribs”
Review of Harris County Smokehouse - CLOSED

Harris County Smokehouse
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I liked the spicy sausage. The ribs were tough and fatty. I prefer the ribs to be cooked a little bit longer. Two meat dinner with a bottle of water and a soda $18.00.

There are newer reviews for Harris County Smokehouse

Reviewed October 15, 2012

For years, this has been our barbecue restaurant of choice! The food is outstanding, the atmosphere is perfect and the prices are reasonable. When we have family in from out-of-town, this is the first restaurant we take them to (on many occasions, it's a repeat visit with out-of-town family members). The breakfast is also very, VERY good! A great way to start the day! The take out, what can I say about the take out other than it has fed my family for years. On those long days when it's too late to cook and the family is starving, we would stop by, grab a few ribs, pieces of chicken, vegetables and the twice backed potatoes, and we were good to go! This place has never, I repeat, never let us down! We have never been to the Tomball location, but plan to visit it in the near future. Hmmmm......we have no plans for dinner tonight! We do now....Harris County Smokehouse!

1  Thank trelina
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I have been going to this 7+ years But recently it must be under different management. For One thing this website has their hours posted wrong because they have recently change them . They now close at 9pm. They should post that they close at 830pm because we got there at 830 on a SATURDAY night and the music got turned off the tvs were off, there were only 4 vegetable sides available they put up the tea dispencers and rolls ..all the lights but a few were turned off. It was very apparent that we were in the way. They also turned customers away So I checked the time and It wasn t even 9pm . I went down the road and passed by at 910pm and the place looked abandoned with no lights on,no cars nothing. I have never felt so pushed out of a returaunt before ever especially on a SATURDAY night! The traffic and parking lots at all the surrounding resturaunts were packed. Does this manager not want to grow his business???IN this economy???: what are they thinking??? Traffic was bumper to bumper on 1960 and 290. I will drive a short distance to the other 5 barbq resturaunts when I get hungry for barbque. I will not eat here again unless I see or hear of changes and I use to eat here at least once a week. I am writing this review for that reason...because this use to be one of my favorite places to eat. Now the service is terrible and Now I wont be back

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Harris County Smokehouse offers excellent food. Plain and simple. We tried turkey, chopped beef, sausage, beans, potato salad, green beans and pecan pie. Everything was cooked well, was fresh and very tasty. Their bar-b-q sauce is rather mild and just enough sweet - delicious! Everything comes with a vast and free selection of breads (make sure to try their cornbread!), pickles, onions etc.
When we came there the place was packed and now I know why - great taste and great value.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

The food is AWESOME! Very friendly staff and relaxing atmosphere.