“If you find yourself in downtown Houston, hungry, and get the most for your buck, Guadalajara is the place to visit.”

Guadalajara Mexican Grill & Bar
Ranked #181 of 8,287 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Reviewed April 19, 2013

On my visit, the decor was warm and wonderful. The service was second to none, they were extremely vigilant without being overbearing, courteous, and timely. Once I placed my order I don't believe I had to ask for anything, Anabel and the other two or three individuals servicing our table never let any of our drinks run low as well as their awesome chips and amazing salsa. Definitely a place to visit if your in downtown Houston.

• Visited April 2013

Los Angeles, California, United States
“tasty flavorful meal”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I came here with clients during my business trip out in Houston. We had a long day at the convention center and were ready to eat and head back to the hotel to sleep. The restaurant was bright and spacious. We went in at around 9:00pm and there weren't many customers in the restaurant. Pricing on the menu was cheap, so I did not expect much for my meal. I ordered a shrimp fajita for what I believe was $15. When the meal came out I was amazed by the amount food that was on my plate. There was probably around 15 plump grilled shrimps, hand made flour tortilla (or thats what it tasted like) rice, pinto beans (warm and soup like) with guacamole, salsa, and cheese. I was unable to finish it all myself but ended up eating a lot then what I expected. The shrimp was very flavorful. I enjoyed it very much, and wish that the Mexican restaurants back home in Los Angeles served this much shrimp in one meal. Highly recommend!

Visited April 2013
Houston, Texas
“Great, lively down town TexMex restauant with great bar help!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We tried this restaurant Saturday night at around 8:30 p.m. And it was PACKED! Very popular spot (with good reason). Make reservations if you can. There were two levels of seating, but we, as well as others, opted to eat at thebar rather than wait. They have a decent menu, although I would have liked to see a wider selection of TexMex items. We had the beef enchiladas, empanadas and tacos...all very good. The margaritas were very good, although the bar staff had limited knowledge of the various tequillas. All in all, given the reasonable price, I give Guadalajara 4 stars.

• Visited April 2013
Atlanta, GA
“Wish I was there enjoying dinner right now!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Excellent guac, freshly prepared entrees and super good cocktails. Atmosphere is lively and decor is hip. Great location right on Dallas St adjacent to the nightclubs. Wish I was there right now!!

Visited April 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Amazing Service and Food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our server treated us like queens! This was a pre-going out dinner, and we were lucky to try this restaurant at the Pavillions. Delicious and fresh tacos, fajitas and margaritas were had by our group. You know when restaurants say they have refillable chips/salsa but they only come by your table once during your meal? Well, no so at Guadalajara!!! We were constantly provided more and more of their delicious salsa and fresh chips that we practically didn't need to eat dinner (but of course, we did).
The atmosphere was great too--they had a 2nd level which had a bar and a slightly different menu, but the downstairs was great--didn't feel squished next to some annoying family. There were people eating alone, families, and groups like ours. I would definitely recommend. if I lived in Houston, I'd be a regular!

Visited March 2013