“good food, great value too”

Guadalajara Mexican Grill & Bar
Ranked #255 of 8,400 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We really enoyed our meal there. I had the stuffed quail which were amazingly good and quite unexpected for a Mexian restaurant. The others at our table enjoyed theirs too.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Not sure if this is the right location listed as there are several in the greater Houston area. We dined and had lunch at the downtown Houston restaurant. I had heard mixed reviews but found that the food service and servers were all super. I love good mexican food and jusually know if the Salsa and chips are great then the rest is going to be fine. I had the seafood tostada and my wife had the grilled jumbo shrimp salad. Both were presented timely and full of flavor. The next night we had dinner and caught at great Happy Hour special with half off drinks!
the food was again excellent. I am looking forward to going back next year.

1  Thank Sumrdog
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Close to our hotel and the convention center. Great mango marguerita. Excellent service for six of us. Salmon was one of the best meals in a long time. Large and noisy but they handled the crowd well.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a great restaurant very close to the Convention Centre and the Marriott Hotel. We had probably our bext Mexican meal ever there! It fills up fast, but just give the hostess your name and you usually only have to wait a short time to get in.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

You can see how Guadalajara continues to fill it's seats when they combine tasty food with excellent service. The atmosphere was open, clean, crisp, well lit and inviting. Service was extremely attentive without being overbearing. And it wasn't just my server - I was observing the other staff in action also. Food was very good and good value. I'd definitely recommend Guadalajara del Centro in downtown Houston.