“Tasty catfish, Very slow service”

Goode Company Seafood
Ranked #18 of 8,246 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This original Goode Company Seafood is an experience like few others. From the chrome bar stools to the original Wurlitzer, this railcar dining experience is truly a one of a kind.
Staten Island, New York
“Tasty catfish, Very slow service”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

At here one night during a business trip to Houston. The line to order moved fast but the wait for the food was too long, they told me someone forgot to cook it or possibly someone else took my original plate, pick-up of plates is very disorganized. Once I did get my catfish it was good. Rating would have been higher if they hadn't delayed my order so long. I was with a group of 8 and I was one of the first to order but last to get my food, some in my group were finished eating before I even got my food.

Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have been here three times and have always been very satisfied. Oysters, raw or cooked, are excellent and fairly priced. On my most recent visit, I had fried oysters with mesquite grilled shrimp, while my wife had fried shrimp and mesquite grilled catfish. She pronounced the fish among the best she has ever tasted. Good wine and beer list. Save room for pecan pie with ice cream - the best we have ever had. Service was exceptionally personable. Our only complaint was noise. The restaurant has two dining rooms. The original is actually in an old railroad dining car, the other a spacious open area with no noise absorbing surfaces. We were in the latter and literally had to shout to hear each other. Not pleasant!!!

• Visited February 2014
Wichita, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Seafood in Houston”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Had a dinner with stuffed srimp and stuff crab

It awesome, and well worth the price

I was a bit gloomy outside and the food really cheered me up

Miami, Florida
“Best Oysters ever!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

During a recent stay in Houston I was invited to this restaurant. Right away I felt a certain vibe that made me feel right at home. The friendliness of the staff as well as the decor gave it a laid back climate that is very appealing to me. Combine that with a mouth watering menu and you have a definite winner! You have to try the different varieties of oysters, I could go on all day just having these by the bucket! A great time....

• Visited February 2014
Basseterre, St. Kitts
“If in the area--don't miss Goode Company Seafood”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We were just around the corner at the Residence Inn where the staff told us to check this place out. It doesn't look like much on the outside, but the number of parked cars give you a great clue that this is a place you should try. Huge selection of fresh, tasty seafood with a couple of dinner specials. I had the maui dinner special the night we were there that included 4 delicious barbecued shrimp and the cajun corn--outstanding! The waiter gave us a try of a couple of wines which was great and allowed us to pick a wine that went with all of our dinners. If you like seafood...this place is friendly and good!