“Went back again the next day!”

Goode Company Seafood
Ranked #18 of 8,312 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This original Goode Company Seafood is an experience like few others. From the chrome bar stools to the original Wurlitzer, this railcar dining experience is truly a one of a kind.
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We had three in our party and for appetizers ate the Shrimp Creole Pie and Campechana De Mariscos Extra at the recommendation of our waitress. She told us they sale more Campechana than ice tea. We now understand why. The shrimp pie was to die for. My sister stated that it made her mouth dance! My husband and I went back the next day and got these two items to go. For entrees we had fried oysters and mesquite shrimp, redfish and shrimp, and catfish and shrimp. We each selected seafood rice as our side item. The shrimp empanada was very good,, but not as good as the shrimp pie. As a person who grew up in Lake Charles, Louisiana eating the best Cajun and Creole seafood dishes, ll I can say is OMG!!!! The food temperatures, seasonings, texture, and flavors were wonderful! I will eat at this restaurant whenever we come to Houston in the future. We will be back in October Goode Company Seafood and can't wait to bring other family members. You will not be disappointed when eating at this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Goode Company Seafood

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Think of the best seafood experience you have ever had. Now double it, and again, and again.
Since 1990, I have on a regular basis eaten at the Goode Company Seafood restaurant, and 99 times out of a hundred eaten the same thing!

You may not like Mesquite grilled catfish, covered in a buttery ettouffe sauce and smothered in either shrimp or crawfish, but to me the flavors are heavenly. Add the seafood empanada, the seafood browned rice and rich buttery garlic bread and you just cannot beat it.

While my cardiologist would have a fit, you have to die sometime, and if I am to go let it be on a full tummy of Goode Company's catfish etouffe!

1  Thank Stu K
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I try to eat at the Goode Company Seafood restaurant whenever I am in Houston. The Campechana De Mariscos (Mexican Seafood Cocktail) is fantastic. I enjoyed the Red Snapper during my most recent visit. I have never had a bad meal at this restaurant.

2  Thank PartTimeGent
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Goode Company Seafood is my standby seafood restaurant. It's consistently good, but not terrific. I believe, but offer no proof that their seafood seems very fresh. Perhaps that's why their pricing always seems to catch me offguard. It's the kind of place where if you don't want to think, it's there/nearby, you know it will satisfy you. I think 20 years ago, it was a great place, but now there are many more worthwhile, economical seafood options.

goodecobbq, Owner at Goode Company Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to send in your feedback about Goode Company Seafood. We value the opinions of our customers and are happy to hear you frequent our restaurant regularly! Our seafood is sourced locally for ultimate freshness and all of our dishes are scratch-made daily with the highest quality ingredients which can affect our prices. We take great pride in the quality and tastiness of our food and wouldn't want to serve anything but the best to each and every guest. We hope you will continue to visit Goode Company Seafood to enjoy our authentic seafood dishes. Thanks again for sending in your feedback; hearing from customers like you is invaluable.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We dine here at least once a month for a delicious tasty Cajun Seafood. I especially love their whole fried catfish with bone, and my spouse likes its grill flounder, while our children always enjoy the Seafood rice and gumbo.
This place is reliable, predictable with a constant good food and service.