“A seafood treasure”

Ranked #18 of 8,206 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This original Goode Company Seafood is an experience like few others. From the chrome bar stools to the original Wurlitzer, this railcar dining experience is truly a one of a kind.
“A seafood treasure”
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

My first stop for lunch whenever I arrive in Houston. World class seafood gumbo, and a Campachana that is the best I have had anywhere. Fried green tomatoes, Shrimp Con Verde Salsa, Seafood Empanadas, And fish fresh from the gulf. I have never had room to sample their dessert menu.......Sorry

• Visited June 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Take the Pie Home!!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The fish is fresh and flavorful, the service is excellent and the pecan pie is the traditional Goode Company. Part of the restaurant is in an old Amtrak Train Car. Casual and welcoming.

Visited May 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
“Fantastic”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I were in Houston for business and wanted take a client to dinner. We asked him to pick the restaurant, as he's from Houston, and he suggested Good Co. We arrived first and when we pulled in, we thought we had the wrong restaurant- the outside and inside look like a diner... We were pleasantly surprised. Our guest ordered 3 of the Campechana De Mariscos Extra, which is with shrimp and crab. It was served in parfait glasses with chopped jalapeño and tortilla chips.
It was delicious! My husband, who doesn't even like shrimp or crab loved it! - so much that when he was on business in Houston the following week, he went back and ordered the same thing.

Houston, Texas
“Best Seafood in Houston - Great Service”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Campechana - basically a shrimp and fish ceviche and tomato mixture. If you think you've had it anywhere else, it's very different here and is extremely delicious! Goode Company Seafood is my favor place in Houston to for seafood.
This place is pretty unique. Very casual in atmosphere, but very good food, and definitely not cheap. Best grilled shrimp I have EVER had, and that's saying a lot because I've had a lot throughout my life. They somehow inject a smoky flavor into the shrimp that I've never tasted before and that smokiness is what makes this the best grilled shrimp. Just try it.

Their seafood gumbo is solidly good, but I do understand gumbo is very personal in terms of what is considered good. I favor "muddy" gumbos that are thick and brownish, almost gravy-like.
There was a time when I discounted the grilled fish served here because it didn't have a sauce. I was used to seafood served at places like Pappas Seafood where the fish would be drowned out by the sauce.
My taste has changed to where I want to appreciate the greatness of perfectly seasoned, mesquite grilled fish, served without an overpowering sauce. One person in our party had the grilled trout and she was not disappointed.
The big winner here is the campechana, and I always order the "campechana extra." I have never come here and not ordered it; it is that good.

This place seems expensive because the atmosphere and plate presentation are so casual, but the price reflects the quality of the seafood, IMO. Definitely worth the price.

2 Thank edcmoverman
Houston, Texas
“Best Seafood in Houston - Great service”
Reviewed May 18, 2013